Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

NHS dental treatment

On 22 May 2014 at 1:55pm toothurty wrote:
I've just been told I need root canal treatment by the North Street Practice and it's going to cost about £700. I can't afford it. Just been looking at the NHS site and it says NHS dentists cover root canal treatment. Can anyone recommend a local NHS practice that does root canal - doesn't have to be Lewes, can be Brighton or Uckfield, anywhere really within reasonable distance. (I was referred to North St by School Hill Practice)

On 22 May 2014 at 2:09pm wrote:
try the dentist above what was monsoon now accessorize they did mine on nhs and were really good.

On 22 May 2014 at 2:09pm - wrote:
Pretty sure that my dentist, Lewes Dental, above what was Monsoon does. Whether they are currently taking new NHS patients, I couldn't say.
On 22 May 2014 at 4:58pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
On another forum, there was discussion about this. Apparently, root canal work IS covered by the NHS, and any NHS practice should be willing to do root canal work.
Dentists don't like it, because they don't make so much money, but they shouldn't be refusing to do the work.
On 22 May 2014 at 6:00pm toothurty wrote:
Thanks - spoke to one above Monsoon and am on their list, as well as back to School Hill. Frankly I was shocked and disgusted that North Street didn't even tell me that this treatment was available on the NHS. So I've had two consultations with them that have left me nearly 100 quid out of pocket. A letter to them will follow.

On 23 May 2014 at 12:59pm Passing By wrote:
Who is your dentist down at North Street?
My mum has had real problems with one dentist there and her complaint letter wasnt acknowledged by the dentist. Send a copy to the manager as well as your actual dentist

On 24 May 2014 at 12:16am Tucker wrote:
The Dentist in North Street do a marvellous mail order service, you should try it !

On 31 May 2014 at 12:00am Sodem wrote:
Above monsoon is the business.
I am private but their fees are quite reasonable.
Really friendly and a Brighton fan - they treat the team.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Queen clown 99:132
Queen clown

Thanks, Stevied. You’re right, They are the best fields and pretty secure, (save for the gate at the top.) She’s on heat at... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde