Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

NCP TAKING THE P***

On 2 Jan 2011 at 11:42am KENDO CASTER wrote:
WARNING.
We went ice skating at the royal pavillion last night, so i looked at the map and found Church street NCP the closest.
Big mistake. £10 PER HOUR
Serves me right for not looking at the sign, but as soon as you go through the barrier its 10, even if you turn round a go straight out, its still 10.
We were there for just over 2 hours, 20 BLOODY QUID.
No wonder its a well lit, brightly painted, clean carpark, doesnt smell of piss.
You have been warned.

On 2 Jan 2011 at 12:21pm Rookie wrote:
That seems to have gone up a helluva lot. The last time I went there a few months agao it was 80p for 15 minutes and I thought that was bad enough.
I refuse to drive to Brighton Town Centre these days. I use the bus, or park at the marina for free and get the bus from there.

On 2 Jan 2011 at 8:22pm FieldFairy wrote:
I feel for the guy who was parked by laura ashley for 5 mins and got clamped at 5pm on New years eve. He had the kids with him. A mistake I know but to be clamped on New Years eve. The clampers did it really quick and left as soon as they could. He turned up about 30 secs after they drove off. When is Norman going to ban these muggers. Surely a fine is enough but to clamp someone is criminal. On New years eve also, great kindness to your fellow man.

On 2 Jan 2011 at 8:55pm jonnyboy wrote:
In August 2010 it was announced that clamping on private land would be illegal from next year. I've searched the net and can't find out when this year it becomes illegal. Anyone know?

On 3 Jan 2011 at 10:08pm Corker wrote:
It's a money making enterprise, so naturally they will be out in full force on a public holiday to catch the unsuspecting public (how else can they afford to purchase new uniforms at the drop of a hat?)

On 5 Jan 2011 at 7:45pm Foxstar wrote:
I'm not sure where u parked but that's not the price in that car park, it's still not cheap but not £10 per hour the prices are 4 per hour weekdays including bank holidays up to a maximum 20 for 24hrs weekends are 5 per hour up to a maximum of 25 for 24 hours, for cheap parking you should always park at Churchill square 2 for 2 hours then increases by 1 per hour

On 5 Jan 2011 at 11:42pm KENDO CASTER wrote:
It certainly was that price, mon-fri £8 per hour and sat-sun 10.
Its called the theatre car park, church street.
If they hicked up the prices because they were closest to the royal pavillion and the ice skating, then thats got to be theft, surely.

On 6 Jan 2011 at 10:40am kingfisherman wrote:
Shut your flippin moaning kendo and start practising your fishing skills.

On 6 Jan 2011 at 9:33pm Foxstar wrote:
I parked there today and that's not the price, the prices are as I stated above, they also have deal with theatre royal £7 for 6 hours on certain days an the dome 20% off on certain days

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Crest 66:132
Lewes Crest

I'm grateful for Nevillman starting this discussion and being so generous as to refer back to me. My delay in saying anything... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy