Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

My Resignation

On 20 Aug 2010 at 10:49pm Peter and Boon-Nam wrote:
It is with profound regret that I offer my immediate resignation from this delightful forum. I am and always have been rather a square peg looking to fit into a round hole and yet you have welcomed me into your Lewes Forum, and allowed me to feel one of the crowd. In particular I would like to thank the following chums, TDA, Hoodie Hugger, MC, Clifford, Decent Citizen, Pedant, Ere be monsters, mccauley, williamdyer, Hurrah, poppycock, Dan the man, observer, williambooth, smiler and my girsl Treacle the sweetie and Brixtonbelles the fiesty one, and I apologise if I have missed anyone but after a few Sancerre's one can be a little forgetful. And last and certainly least Old Smithy, who without his schoolboy essay I would never have discovered such fine folk. Best to you all my friends, Slante, Peter Ferdia Byron ps Cheers and bottoms up (Unless you are in Brighton, land of Piers, beers and Souvenirs) Hugs to you all, Peter X Sure I have left out some good pals, apologise my friends, blame the vino!! I always do.

On 20 Aug 2010 at 11:18pm MC wrote:
Shame, but nice to have you brighten the forum for a short while. Hopefully you'll drop in from time to time.

On 20 Aug 2010 at 11:22pm Peter and Boon-Nam wrote:
Thanks a bunch MC, will miss you all. Best, as always, Peter. Always hated goodbyes, you know boarding school and all that Jazz, so will say Bye for now.

On 20 Aug 2010 at 11:42pm Ratinalist wrote:
Peter. I had assumed that you were a fiction. Some kind of performance artist having fun with the forum. The tale of boozing, Internet dating, the Thai bride to be etc made amusing reading. I anticipated that I would be reading follow-up posts following a familiar theme, like a soap opera.

Perhaps I should not have alluded to these suspicions in the post I made a few days ago. Whether real or fantasy I enjoyed your posts. I now find myself less convinced that you are an invented character. I hope I am not part of the the cause of you leaving the forum. Bye.

On 20 Aug 2010 at 11:53pm Peter and Boon-Nam wrote:
Rationalists my friend, I loved your comments and suspicions, believe me, but my ex, aka Cruella De Ville has suggested I may be too odd and annoying, her words not mine and it has rather made me feel I should leave Cyberland. my best to you my friend. Peter

On 21 Aug 2010 at 12:10am Regular. wrote:
Hi Peter.
Along with MC and Ratinalist I would like to say how much I enjoyed your posts.
Stick around for a bit eh...
Are we still invited to the wedding?
Please keep us updated on Boon Nam. (I think I may know her sister,Ying Tong.....)

On 21 Aug 2010 at 12:15am Peter and Boon-Nam wrote:
Regular, enjoyed your posts too my friend. See how things pan out, life is always a bit of a rollercoaster eh? Also getting cold feet on the wedding front ha ha, may throw an escapee party yet my friend, who knows. Best wishes, Peter

On 21 Aug 2010 at 12:20am mccauley wrote:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Peter!
Odd is good. Hurrah for the square pegs, eccentrics, and oddballs in all of us.
Your posts have been entertaining and have brightened the forum.
Stick with it, and I'll pay you my license fee instead of the beeb.

On 21 Aug 2010 at 1:59am Smiler wrote:
I suspect your work here is done Peter
On 21 Aug 2010 at 5:58am Landporter wrote:
Another attention seeker announcing they are leaving.

On 21 Aug 2010 at 6:57am Intrigued wrote:
That's a bit cryptic Smiler. What do you mean? Do you know something about Peter we don't?

On 21 Aug 2010 at 7:06am Clifford wrote:
Fictional character or not Peter, you were sometimes more real than most of us who post here. I suspect you won't be away too long, but if you are you will be missed as a genuine source of entertainment and wisdom.

On 21 Aug 2010 at 8:44am Smiler wrote:
He turned up just after the racist issue broke encouraging everyone to let it lie, posted good natured piffle in carefully selected threads and abruptly 'resigns' when it looks like the David Smith story has become chip paper.

Call me suspicious but...

On 21 Aug 2010 at 9:16am Deelite wrote:
Ah well, lets start it up again then! :-)

On 21 Aug 2010 at 9:23am Decent Citizen wrote:
Me thinks someone was testing the water! However it made me and others laugh. If my suspicions are correct,perhaps he should stick to comedy rather than the unpleasant c*** we endured recently.

On 21 Aug 2010 at 10:55am Peter and Boon-Nam wrote:
Good Morning my friends, Just had devilled kidneys on toast, delicious, Boon-Nam can keep her Papaya and Mango thank you. I need a bit more bulk. Hope your all well, sorry about last night, was a bit hasty resigning like that, so if it's ok with you, would like to come back into the fold. Catch you all later, promised to give Boon-Nam a driving lesson. Just filling my hip flask, I fear I will need it, report back later if I make it! Best Peter and Boon-Nam

On 21 Aug 2010 at 11:02am Hoodie Hugger wrote:
Hey, I got a mention!
Welcome back, Peter. It wouldn't be the same here without you!

On 21 Aug 2010 at 11:31am Landporter wrote:
So after getting everyone to kiss your a**e after announcing your "retirement", you're now waiting for all the "oh thank god he's not going" a**e licking posts.
Seen it sooooooo many times on sooooooo many forums and it's boring.

On 21 Aug 2010 at 12:48pm Peter and Boon-Nam wrote:
I shall 'sooooooo' ignore your comment Landporter and instead say Hello, it is good to be back, to my dear friend Hoodie, Catch you later, Peter and Boo

On 21 Aug 2010 at 6:08pm Peter and Boon-Nam wrote:
I shall turn the other cheek, feel free to kiss that too Lanporter you devil, just joking. Have a great eveing folks. Best Peter and Boo ps In need of a neck brace if anyone has one??

On 21 Aug 2010 at 6:17pm Curious. wrote:
I don't really want to ask this but...
Why do you need a neck brace Pete?
You could always put an ad in our Free Ads section....

On 21 Aug 2010 at 7:39pm MC wrote:
Where is Landport? I'm beginning to think it might be the Whitehawk of Lewes, but really have no idea.

On 21 Aug 2010 at 8:13pm Old Cynic wrote:
Thank You for staying - you've no idea how you brighten the day!
On 21 Aug 2010 at 8:36pm Landporter wrote:
Don't start slagging off peoples homes MC. I know exactly who you are and where you live pal.

On 21 Aug 2010 at 8:50pm MC wrote:
I didn't slag anyone off and threats don't scare me, but back to the point, where is Landport?

On 21 Aug 2010 at 9:07pm Vox Populi wrote:
Peter, was Boon-Nam's driving really that bad or do you need the neck brace for another reason?

On 22 Aug 2010 at 4:43pm Peter and Boon-Nam wrote:
Good afternoon my friends, to cut a long story short, even typing is agony, a car pulled out, I shouted to warn Boom and she hit the brake with gusto thus sending me flying forward and my neck is cricked, so neck brace needed pronto, am self medicating, using Chablis and whiskey chasers. Will return, when back to old self, until then, Cheers, Peter. Nigel has offered to take over the driving lessons, and he is most welcome, never did reckon women drivers ha ha. ps just spotted your comment Old Cynic, thanks a mill.

On 23 Aug 2010 at 9:23am Peter and Boon-Nam wrote:
By the way Vox my friend, Boo does a very good Thai massage, which has helped somewhat in relieving the discomfort. So she has been cause and now the cure of the problem, isn't that marvelous? Best to you, Peter and Boon-Nam PS As Nigel has taken over driving lesson duties I have suggested he wears some form of body armour before getting in the car with her, ha ha.

On 24 Aug 2010 at 11:52pm self wrote:
contrived anonymous attn. seeker, basically

On 26 Aug 2010 at 7:47pm Peter and Boon-Nam Ex wrote:
self, you sound like a self ish person, you know nothing about moi my friend, and I can assure you I do not need attention, get far too much of it for my liking, so why not go off and wonder about someone else. Goodnight. Peter. PS And learn to spell my friend you set a terrible example to the youngsters!!!!,

7 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Elly Angel 114:132
The Elly Angel

Yeah, I somehow imagine that the pandemic has not been much of a great "leveler" for those poorest in our society. :( more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams