Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Music venues in Lewes

On 19 Dec 2011 at 5:05pm bazm wrote:
I posted this earlier but it seems to have disappered!
Anyway, I would like to know if there are any music venues that have jamming sessions. I have a friend who has moved to the area looking for somewhere to play guitar.
Cheers

On 20 Dec 2011 at 8:52am lamb.lewes@gmail.com wrote:
Hello, we're starting an open mic night on second Wednesday of each month from 11th January. Your friend is more than welcome to join us and share a tune or two. We also have a folk session on 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month if that's more your friends style (covering many styles of folk from Breton to Gypsy swing, sometimes with a bit of Americana and Blues thrown in for good measure, quick ad - it's on tonight!). Hope to see you and your friend soon. Cheers Alec - The Lamb, Fisher Street.

On 20 Dec 2011 at 11:41am bazm wrote:
Thanks Alec, thats really helpful. See you soon

On 20 Dec 2011 at 3:39pm lamb.lewes@gmail.com wrote:
Good stuff Bazm, Look forward to meeting you and maybe hearing a tune or two. (Now for the shameless advert!) We also have live music on a Thurs and Sat (the acts generally get listed on the 'What's on' section of the forum, cheers Webbo) so you can listen to some other great music too. Sorry folks, I couldn't resist! Merry Christmas one and all.

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

It Takes Balls to be a Phoenix 47:132
It Takes Balls to be a Phoenix

I'm grateful for Nevillman starting this discussion and being so generous as to refer back to me. My delay in saying anything... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo