Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Mrs May "What did you do to help free Mandela?"

On 29 Aug 2018 at 12:37am May..be gone soon. wrote:
‘What did you do to help the release of Nelson Mandela?’: Theresa May questioned over apartheid stance. Sod all that`s the answer to that question.Compare her and her Party who branded Mandela a terrorist with the actions that of that well known "racist" Jeremy Corbyn during the apartheid era.The comparison is most illuminating I am sure you will agree.

Check it out here »
On 29 Aug 2018 at 6:41am Kev wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
On 29 Aug 2018 at 7:18am Mark wrote:
It's a bit of a nothing issue - whether or not she toed Mrs Thatcher's "Mandela is a terrorist" line 25 years ago. What I find interesting is easily Michael Crick back-foots her, makes her nervous and twitchy. David Cameron would have been prepared for exactly that line of questioning and would have dismissed it instantly (with a smooth bit of spinning the truth). Why can't she manage to even lie effectively like he did? The woman who brought us Windrush; did nothing about Grenfell Tower; hopelessly mistimed the GA, ran that GA just repeating "strong and stable" like a ridiculous robot; allowed David Davis to spend a year of the Brexit negotiations doing precisely nothing and then took on the job herself and utterly botched it. It's no wonder that she refuses public appearances and wouldn't debate. How did we wind up with such an utterly hopeless PM at such an important crossroads?
On 29 Aug 2018 at 7:53am What's black and slides wrote:
down Nelson's Column ? .............................Winnie Mandela
On 29 Aug 2018 at 9:09am Nancy wrote:
Teresa was 6 years old when Mandela was jailed.
On 29 Aug 2018 at 12:57pm Mark wrote:
Well yes.... I wasn't even born when he was jailed but we stopped work where I was working to watch his release.
On 29 Aug 2018 at 7:06pm @Nancy wrote:
Yes, what's that got to do with anything

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Ice Cream 72:143
Lewes Ice Cream

Great idea. Let's all hop on a jet and pollute the skies. Or we could stay at home, eat less and exercise more. Sounds like a... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo