Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Mr Smith

On 12 Aug 2010 at 3:11pm John Khan wrote:
I just wonder if Mr Smith realised what a wonderful job he was doing for Lewes when he wrote his frankly amazing article for the Sunday Times. Never mind the fact that he is clearly delusional, that's clear from the outset. What I found uplifting was reading all the tolerant, reasoned and liberal comments in your thread. Unless I missed one I don't think there was one comment ( excpet the, I am sure, tongue in cheek suggestion that perhaps Smith might be burnt in effegy this November ) that shows any intolerance on the part of the people of Lewes. On the contrary it shows them for the a kind and generous bunch, much as I remember them when I lived there many years ago. Get a life Mr Smith!

On 12 Aug 2010 at 3:16pm Treacle wrote:
Well put, and I totally agree I love living here because its a friendly town x

On 12 Aug 2010 at 5:54pm Sam Span wrote:
I think most people are just saddened by the whole thing and want the opportunity to put forward a case for out town..

On 12 Aug 2010 at 6:21pm Pater B Ex Friars WalkR wrote:
Mr Smith is a crashing bore, now let's move on, for Gods sake the man is not worthy of our attention, we are better than this, please, let us look forward and enjoy our beautiful Town, let him eat cake I say!!!!
On 12 Aug 2010 at 7:05pm Penelope K wrote:
There are plenty of journalists living in the town, maybe one could write an article in response.

On 12 Aug 2010 at 7:57pm Decent Citizen wrote:
I think those of intelligence will steer well clear Penelope K. lLook at the above from Peter B ex Friers Walk R . Says it all for us. Just hope it backfires on him this idiot man,and nobody buys his book on Mandella.Him only, not his inoccent wife and children.

On 12 Aug 2010 at 9:12pm rebel clown wrote:
Of course there is some racism in Lewes, there is racism everywhere. It's lessened over the years but it hasn't vanished completely yet. His article was unfortunately somewhat lacking in rigour and was written by a white man on behalf of black/mixed race /dual heritage people. Not good.

On 12 Aug 2010 at 9:24pm Peter B Ex Friars WalkR wrote:
B ugger all this nonsence, life is to be lived and enjoyed, do not waste time on fools with personal hatred, have a good old drink and be merry for tommowr we shal die, but alas we never do, so said that b loody New York woman whose name escapes me, Dorothy Parker. Leave Mr Smith with his anger and be happy you good people of our lovely Town and region. His article lacked TRUTH in our opinion, that was the problem you all have and I understand it. End Off now please

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Railway Land Bridge 100:132
Railway Land Bridge

Well it looks as if I can jet off soon , none of the loud mouths with nothing behind them have anything to say, all piss and wind... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington