Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Moving to Lewes

On 4 Jun 2011 at 12:04pm Eve wrote:
Hi! I am moving to the Court Road Lewes area soon and need help finding a Doctor not too far away.
Can anyone give me the address and Telephone number to assist me please.
Because of moblity problems I need one quite close.

On 4 Jun 2011 at 12:22pm Rookie wrote:
Probably the closest surgery to Court Road, not involving climbing a hill, is St Andrews in Southover Road near the bottom of Station Street. 476216. Some of the consulting rooms are upstairs once inside though. A little further but all on the flat is River Lodge surgery by the river in Harveys Way.

On 4 Jun 2011 at 2:05pm Eve wrote:
Thank you Rookie, I appreciate your speed in posting the info. I'll check them out ASAP.

On 4 Jun 2011 at 4:05pm Decent Citizen wrote:
River lodge.

On 4 Jun 2011 at 6:44pm Brussel sprout wrote:
Last time my mother went to River Lodge the nurse asked her if she would like to sit and pray together. Seriously.

On 5 Jun 2011 at 12:07am IMEYOU wrote:
sounds about right to me !

On 5 Jun 2011 at 12:57am Athiest wrote:
The fact that a religious general practice is permitted is shocking. doesn't matter what religion, it has NOTHING to do with medical care. If the nurse tried that with me, there'd be a letter to the NMC by close of play. St Andrews is great, btw.

On 5 Jun 2011 at 6:00am Deelite wrote:
If River Lodge shoves their faithfull superstitions down the throats of their patients it sounds like a surgery best avoided. How could you ever trust a doctor who believes your health is ultimately in the hands of some unseen mystical being? St Andrews on the other hand is great.

On 5 Jun 2011 at 6:45pm Pedant ... another one wrote:
It's AthEIst not AthIEst.

On 5 Jun 2011 at 10:18pm Winterbourne Wanderer wrote:
I left the River Lodge practice and changed to St Andrews because of RL's Christian ethos, which seems oddly inappropriate in a general practice.

On 5 Jun 2011 at 11:06pm Decent Citizen wrote:
I find this VERY odd.Having used this surgery,(River Lodge) for a great many years,this is news to me! I shall make enquires as I know several members of staff.

On 6 Jun 2011 at 1:29am Annabel wrote:
School Hill Surgery has always been great for my family, not far from Court Rd, just a steep hill!

On 6 Jun 2011 at 1:41am another atheist wrote:
Apparently this practice has had a strong Christian ethos since its foundation I've linked to a PDF from their site:
It says :

"The partnership has existed since the 1930s, when Dr Joe Nicholl and Dr Sinclair joined together with Dr Hugh Rice in Ringmer. These three were all active Christians, and this principle has continued. Today, all the doctors working long term in the practice share an active Christian faith. It has a central influence in our lives and work."

It also says :

"We value life very highly, as a gift from God, and we are also concerned about family life and relationships. Modern society seems to have devalued these by its attitudes and practices. To counter this, we try to promote a compassionate Christian view on issues such as abortion and euthanasia; this forms the basis of some of the advice we may give."

Check it out here »

On 6 Jun 2011 at 8:55am 'ere be monsters wrote:
The weather vane is a bit of a giveaway.

On 6 Jun 2011 at 9:29am River Dodge wrote:
A friend of mine was having problems with her pregnancy. She was registered with River Lodge and was told the only reason for her problems was the fact that she didn't believe in god. She quickly moved to another place

On 6 Jun 2011 at 6:35pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Someone I know had been unwell for a few weeks, with a fever, flu-type symtoms and swollen glands. The devil-dodgers at River Lodge kept telling her to take paracetamol and they'd pray for her (she went to see them at least 3 times, as she felt so crap).
When another friend found her incredibly ill one Sunday morning, she called the out of hours doc (the fabulous Dr Ross from St Andrews) who found her temperature was dangerously high and had her admitted to hospital immediately. When her fever finally broke, she told the nurse she'd thought she was going to die, and the nurse replied, "Yes, we thought you might, too".
It turned out she had had very severe glandular fever, and had been running such a high temperature for so long that her kidneys and stuff were affected (thankfully, not permanently). They'd never even taken her temperature at River Lodge.

On 6 Jun 2011 at 7:47pm bastian wrote:
many years ago a friend of ours joined them on finding she had concieved only to be told,on noticing that she was a miss,that they didn't do terminations,to which she was agahst as it hadn't entered her head as she was happily ensconced with her partner.They are very suspect.

On 6 Jun 2011 at 8:22pm MC wrote:
Gawd. River Lodge... an anti-abortion Doctors surgery? What on earth is going on? How can science and religion ever sit comfortably? One requires proof, the other defies it.

Dr Ross from St Andrews on the other hand is extremely fab.

On 8 Jun 2011 at 11:06am Dr Malling wrote:
I'd steer clear of any doctor who is religious...you cannot be a serious scientist if you believe in a God of any description...
Religion is for the weak...and gullible

On 8 Jun 2011 at 11:17am Clifford wrote:
I was registered there. The only time in my life I've been seriously ill they didn't notice what it was and I ended up having to call an ambulance, going to hospital, and having immediate surgery for what they said was a 'life threatening' condition. So, yes, avoid them if possible.

On 8 Jun 2011 at 12:55pm Ill licit wrote:
I'd recommend St Andrews any day if only for the out of hours treatment from A.J. She's a cracker and willing too!

On 8 Jun 2011 at 9:42pm Sparks wrote:
AC, DC too I've heard! LOL!

15 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes centre of The Cosmos 64:132
Lewes centre of The Cosmos

To be fair, I think Dominic Cummings staying put is actually doing the Labour party a favour. He's manipulated people to become... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine