Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Most Haunted ?

On 4 Feb 2018 at 11:30am Uncle Fester wrote:
Believers or not it would be interesting to hear of any strange happenings people have witnessed in such an historic town as Lewes. And it's environs.
On 4 Feb 2018 at 3:42pm Grafter wrote:
If you are really interested I would search for Philip Carr-Gom's article "The magic of Lewes" and Stephen Metcalfe "A light in the darkness"
Both well worth reading. Then find out about Nan...... Corner on Juggs Lane.
On 4 Feb 2018 at 6:44pm Nan Corner wrote:
Hi @Grafter, can you tell us more About Nan Corner? What is it?
On 4 Feb 2018 at 7:48pm Grafter wrote:
Nan Kemps corner. Where Juggs Lane crosses the road from Kingston Hollow. She baked her baby in a pie and served it to her husband (local legend.) I've run through there late at night.... Can be spooky!
On 4 Feb 2018 at 7:57pm Localis wrote:
Don't forget poor Nic Gargani and all that stuff.
On 4 Feb 2018 at 10:46pm @grafter wrote:
Thanks! Wow, that IS macabre and spooky...
On 5 Feb 2018 at 2:26pm Simon wrote:
Don't forget the shadowy figure that resembles an old man out of a Dickens novel. Appears at the bottom of the slope that leads down from the top of New Road to Paddock Road. I used to walk home from my mates flat up Abergavenny through Paddock Road to White Hill and along Offham Road to Landport. I gave up going that way and used to go via Prince Edwards Rd, King Henrys Rd to Kingsley Hill to avoid it. Spooked me several times. Enough was enough, I took the other route home if it was really late and I was alone.
On 5 Feb 2018 at 7:12pm Metatron wrote:
How about Nan Tucks Lane Buxted?
On 6 Feb 2018 at 12:23pm Uncle Fester wrote:
Thank you Grafter and Simon. I know about Nan Tuck in Buxted. I can also say from personal experience that Buxted Park Hotel is haunted !

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes 23:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes

Yeah, I somehow imagine that the pandemic has not been much of a great "leveler" for those poorest in our society. :( more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina