Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Morris - the movie

On 22 Jan 2009 at 8:55am Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Wow - I've waited years for this.

www.morrismovie.com

Closest location I can see is Emsworth - does anyone know otherwise?

On 22 Jan 2009 at 7:59pm The Rusty Ring wrote:
looks brilliant -obscure outlets though - pretty whizzy website for film -poor distribution - odd that there's no national release date, all one off performances - Emsworh not one of the 21 showings though just part of chain!!
most are weekdays but...
Sat 31st - Fordingbridge - Hampshire - 95miles - c2 hour drive -is actually about the closest showing....

On 22 Jan 2009 at 9:26pm Muffs Cyder wrote:
It looks absolutley cracking.

Count me in for this cinematic feast?

On 22 Jan 2009 at 9:41pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I've e-mailed Lewes Fim Club and requested a local viewing - will post if I get a reply.
There is a Morris side in Worthing who are trying to get a screening in their area too.
I'm so excited!

On 23 Jan 2009 at 12:22am Lynyrd Skynyrd wrote:
anyone see Freebird last year - another brilliant low budget local south of england stunner!!! seen in Lewes cinema with live intro from director!!

On 23 Jan 2009 at 4:59pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Okay folks, Lewes Film Club have promptly replied to my e-mail and say,
"We can show a DVD for you but you would need to get a date booked with the All Saints Centre first and then get back to us. Am assuming this is a full length film not a short?
Our projection and hire charge is normally £50.
Let me know if you get a suitable date and time."
So, who is interested in this Docu-comedy? Names below please or e-mail me at lewes.spinster@googlemail.com

On 23 Jan 2009 at 7:21pm Lopster wrote:
fancied a drive to Tisbury though for an evening - never mind Lewes will just have to do

On 24 Jan 2009 at 6:21pm Wal Jarvis wrote:
I am a member of Chanctonbury Ring Morris Men, and there seems to be some support for seeing this film.

On 25 Jan 2009 at 2:30pm Lewes Cinema wrote:
Spinster, don't forget Lewes CINEMA who show most of the films at the All Saints..

On 25 Jan 2009 at 3:38pm Interested wrote:
I thought Lewes Film club were Lewes Cinema??

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Ann of Cleves 2:132
Ann of Cleves

On Black People:
'flag-waving picannies' with 'watermelon smiles'. 'racism is as natural as sewage.' 'a bunch of black kids made... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare