Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

More Tesco

On 6 Apr 2010 at 5:46pm DrTrickCyclist wrote:
Just up in town today. Mobbed. All those people shopping in Flint, Wickle and Lewes Patisserie will all be shopping at Tesco soon I guess...

On 6 Apr 2010 at 7:16pm Prick Stein wrote:
Bored of Tesco now, just stop it! I couldn't care about them any more, yes Tesco are world eating monsters capable of ruining a good town however we all have to shop somewhere and cheap food and good offers is all i'm interested in, wherever that may be. i really dont give a f -ck anymore, just stop it!

On 6 Apr 2010 at 7:19pm Stig of the dump wrote:
Prick Stein, just don't read the threads. Quite simple.

On 6 Apr 2010 at 7:46pm DrTrickCyclist wrote:
But what about Bill's and Mays and other red cells in the lifeblood of our Town? Suzanne Wolf is almost like a fourth emergency service to me and Flint have some lovely napkins for only 40 pounds each. Proof if any were needed that cheap stuff isn't always poor quality!

On 6 Apr 2010 at 10:50pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
My fear would be that the expansion of tescos means more of the high street chains disappear and all that is left in lewes high street and cliffe are the expensive independents and cafes. With the National Park it's not long before there's a few horrible tacky 'gift' shops selling all manner of cheap tat to tourists, then you end up with a town that's pickled in its own history and is so pretty and protected it becomes like Arundel - very pictureseque and no real industry or reason for being...except tescos, whose profits provide no benefit to the town, apart from employing a few poorly paid saps. And so on. Any true Lewesian would be opposing the expansion if they loved their town, because it will ultimately lead to its destruction as a vibrant working and living place.

On 7 Apr 2010 at 2:50am SHS wrote:
Aren't Tesco also responsible for WWII, aids, the lack of public transport and the recent death of my pet hamster too? I heard they employ wild squirrels in Mozambique and forcibly take baby girls from their mothers in Nepal. Shocking.

On 7 Apr 2010 at 6:34am me wrote:
I've heard on the grapevine that they run their emergency power generator on the tears of orphaned children.

On 7 Apr 2010 at 8:42am Bobby wrote:
I've heard that Tesco don't give a toss, coz when the application is Refused they'll get it on Appeal and receive costs against the council (i.e. us council tax payers) for a 6 figure sum! So if its refused tonight it'll cost us a fortune in Council Tax!

On 7 Apr 2010 at 8:50am Mrs Average wrote:
What planet are you on Brixtonbelle?? Tescos will not ruin Lewes...the influx of your sort and their love of over-priced knick knacks is what is killinbg Lewes...

On 7 Apr 2010 at 10:24am confused? wrote:
Why are we having a go at the independant whatever they sell? isn't it the nationals that are the ruin of Lewes all the big money is taken out of the town the only good thing is they employ a few folk. I say praise these independant retailers. I dont slag of giles leisure jut because they sell expensive swimming pools. I have no need for anything they sell but that doesn't mean they should move away does it.

On 7 Apr 2010 at 11:04pm Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
I think that County Hall moving hundreds of staff to Polegate will have a greater effect on the town than Tesco selling cheap socks.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Dripping Pan View 34:132
Dripping Pan View

Too busy working to write too busy working messages. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell