Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

More Bright Ideas

On 20 Oct 2010 at 2:25pm Mrs Twine wrote:
Good Grief: Just think a little. I don't know who "Shocked" is, and I don't think you can surmise from what I wrote that I was decrying her position on child rearing. Simply that it might be different.
I will give you an example: When you visit Mediterranean countries and eat out in the evening in the open air, perhaps in a town square, you will find children of all ages, including toddlers, running about playing, and causing no trouble, well on into the evening, even up to midnight.
This is because the afternoons are so hot that the family has a sleep then, and chooses to go out in the evening to enjoy the cool air. The children are none the worse for it, having already had a sleep.
Our climate is not the same, so we normally expect children to be in bed by a certain time.
This is an example of what I meant by child rearing customs being different in other countries.
Isn't it strange how some people are so willing to take offence on behalf of others, with such little cause?

On 20 Oct 2010 at 7:26pm Good grief wrote:
Fair enough.

35 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Willeys Bridge 142:143
Willeys Bridge

'Reclaim the streets' Tom? You jest. The same procession year after year on one day, the same relentless brainless 'patriotism'... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine