Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Monopoly - Lewes Version

On 2 May 2015 at 9:50am Not a political thread wrote:
Sounding out ideas for a Lewes version of monopoly. Any suggestions for the board, like ' Go to Lewes Jail' etc. Would the Cuilfail be one of the Park Lane / Mayfair squares for example, maybe 4 pubs for the station squares? Could Harvey's Brewery replace 'The Water Works'?
On 2 May 2015 at 9:55am Jane S wrote:
Lovely idea. You'll have a problem with 'Free parking', though!!
On 2 May 2015 at 9:59am Die cast dog wrote:
Not a bad idea but the Monopoly layout etc may well be copyrighted. Apart from that you'd never print enough notes to keep up with the house prices . I would suggest an historic version with the cement, print and iron works with shares being sold etc. And the railway could run to Uckfield and Sheffield Park, LOL

On 2 May 2015 at 10:10am NAPThread wrote:
Like the idea of a 'No Free Parking' Square! Very topical. Maybe the pieces could be the Castle, a Polypin, a Rookie etc
On 2 May 2015 at 10:53am Clifford wrote:
Nice idea, but as nobody outside Lewes will be interested in buying it you won't get rich doing it.

On 2 May 2015 at 10:55am Historian wrote:
Another piece could be a bit of painted twine !! And the whole thing could be monochrome
On 2 May 2015 at 11:01am Belladonna wrote:
Be careful which area you ascribe as 'the old Kent Rd' - may cause offence! The richest/ premier roads are probably The Avenue, Grange Rd/ Southover/ Rotten Row, Cuilfail.

On 2 May 2015 at 11:08am Country Boy wrote:
I'm sure Monopoly was available a few years ago in a version that could be 'localised'.
On 2 May 2015 at 12:48pm Webbo wrote:
Someone did this at Artist United a couple of years ago, this forum was the subject of one of the chance cards.
On 2 May 2015 at 3:49pm Rookie wrote:
You can get a Lewes version of Monopoly already. A friend has one. Mail order from somewhere.

On 3 May 2015 at 8:58am RAD wrote:
Good idea and a fantastic opportunity to use the Lewes pound for something useful.
On 3 May 2015 at 9:48am ical wrote:
Good point Rad

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

waterloo badge 128:132
waterloo badge

I find your first remark utterly vile and if I were running this forum I would ban you. You are either using me to make... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams