Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Monks House Easter Egg Trial

On 9 Mar 2013 at 1:44pm Rabbit wrote:
I see Monks House are hosting a national trust Easter egg hunt, has any one been before to the hunt there as it is the closest to Lewes?
I am slightly put off by the £5.35 entrance fee on top of the extra £1.50 to join the hunt, I cant find out what is included in this price however if its for a few Easter eggs (My Spouse (£7), three children (£13.50) and friends (£13.50) and I (£7)). For near on £50 excluded lunch and travel I think I will just do my own in the garden.
Birling Gap and Devils Dyke are cheaper however I wanted something close and easy.
Do any fellow Lewesians have any alternatives

On 10 Mar 2013 at 10:43am Pete wrote:
Well, sounds obvious to me - do it yourself !!

On 10 Mar 2013 at 11:13pm numberjack wrote:
I just wish I could add a photo to a post (maybe I can if so how?)
Went once about 7 or 8 years ago and found all of the "hidden" rabbits, best of which wass "MOPSY" hidden in a flower bed with a wooden "stake" (stick) straight through its heart (body), probably a vampire toy rabbit!! looked quite wrong!

Went once about 7 or 8 years ago and found all of the "hidden" rabbits, best of which wass "MOPSY" hidden in a flower bed with a wooden "stake" (stick) straight through its heart (body), probably a vampire toy rabbit!! looked quite wrong!

On 11 Mar 2013 at 12:14pm numberjack wrote:
I only did that once, honest!

On 11 Mar 2013 at 2:42pm brixtonbelle wrote:
if you look on the NT website family entry is only £12, so two families would be £24. Personally I wouldn't bother if it's just for an Easter egg hunt - just do something in the Grange gardens or the Paddock/ Baxters or your own garden. But I would recommend joining the NT if you have a young family as it's well worth it for days out, and also for stops on long journeys for a walk and picnic that isn't at a service station.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

rye bonfire badge 103:132
rye bonfire badge

Oh the irony more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell