Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Monday Quiz

On 23 Jun 2014 at 12:12pm Ben wrote:
Without looking on t'internet, guess how many braches of Bill's now exist across the country (inc ones planned for this year)?
Nearest/exact answer wins a set of outdoor chairs & table.
;-)

On 23 Jun 2014 at 12:50pm Dave wrote:
9?

On 23 Jun 2014 at 2:40pm Me wrote:
I heard somewhere that its closer to 40, that was a few monts ago so could be more now. Amazing to think really how well they are doing!
On 23 Jun 2014 at 3:15pm Ben wrote:
'Me' is pretty close. I was amazed at the number too.

On 23 Jun 2014 at 3:15pm Rotten Fruit wrote:
Amazing what some people buy really

On 23 Jun 2014 at 3:32pm bastian wrote:
but it's an ivy owned franchise now isn't it, actual Billy doesn't own it any more, does he?

On 23 Jun 2014 at 4:10pm Historian wrote:
Like Russell and Bromley's who also started in Lewes with one shop. Little acorns grow !
Do you think the other town forums all bitch about a few tables on the pavement, like you do here in Lewes ?

On 23 Jun 2014 at 5:32pm Town Flyer wrote:
I thought that Bill still owned it but that Mark Hix invested enabling the growth.
As fas as I am concerned, I don't go anymore, it is nothing like it used to be. I used to like to be able to buy different fresh fruit and veg there, and all those lovely fresh herbs! Now it just a cafe. Loads of them around.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Swan penny 133:143
The Swan penny

Once more onto the beach dear fiends.... Nev, I'm not trying to impress or confuse, just saying what I believe, and what I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine