Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Mobile reception in central Lewes

On 1 Feb 2011 at 9:13am Smiler wrote:
Which mobile company provides the best signal in central Lewes specifically the top of Station Street.

On 1 Feb 2011 at 12:42pm Misery wrote:
I've used Vodafone for a number of years (since 2000) Back then it was great at home near the castle but terrible down near the river. Now I find it's a good signal all throughout Lewes.

On 1 Feb 2011 at 2:50pm jonnyboy wrote:
Don't know what it is about the top of Station Street but my car radio always cuts out there.

On 1 Feb 2011 at 3:07pm Ian Eiloart wrote:
I've got a phone on O2. You can get a signal there, and even a 3G signal. However, 3G coverage is very poor on O2 in Lewes. I've got an iPad with "3", and their 3G signal is pretty good around Lewes.
The answer to your question probably depends on whether your more interested in making phone calls (any coverage will do) or getting fast data downloads (for which 3G coverage is essential).

On 1 Feb 2011 at 10:15pm MC wrote:
You should get a pay as you go sim, stick it in your phone and try it out. An iPhone is not as good as many more conventional phones at getting a signal. As for G3. It's not all about getting a signal. It's just as much about available bandwidth when you get one. For instance O2 bandwidth in Brighton stinks.
On 2 Feb 2011 at 6:28pm Pearlie wrote:
I have O2,by the war memorial, st nic's lane, signal is a bit ropey, ok if you sit by the window, iPad is fine.

On 2 Feb 2011 at 7:17pm Bongo wrote:
T-Mobile/Orange signals seem to be the strongest in the Lewes/Ringmer area I've noticed.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes to Uckfield Line 87:132
Lewes to Uckfield Line

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams