Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Military coup if Corbyn continues.

On 9 Nov 2015 at 5:57pm Queen and Country wrote:
Our armed forces and our security services will quite rightly not tolerate a far left Corbyn lead Labour government.He should go now for his own good before he is "pushed".
On 9 Nov 2015 at 6:12pm John Smith wrote:
Dearie dearie me. Put that Sun newspaper down and walk slowly back from it. It's clearly addled your brain.
On 9 Nov 2015 at 7:09pm sfsg wrote:
I suggest you read "Losing small wars" to learn how ineffective British military leadership is now. This has been hidden from most people and the numerous humiliations since Basra have gone unreported in the msm.
No officer will advance beyond Lt Col without being " all in" with Whitehall.
This country is now one of the least martial in Europe when you look at the capabilities of the general population. So no, there will be no rebellion by the army.
On 9 Nov 2015 at 7:43pm Tipex wrote:
I thought the army were expected to do what they're told without questioning their orders?
On 9 Nov 2015 at 8:34pm Earl Haig wrote:
Anyone seriously considering a military coup should be shot at dawn as a traitor.
On 9 Nov 2015 at 9:22pm Sussex Dim wrote:
But we don't want to live in a democracy, we want to live under the sort ofgovernment the ruling elite want us to live under.
That's what Remembrance Sunday is all about, people had to die, they gave up their lives so we don't get to choose our government. The Sun respects that, it respects that by constantly lying about the only politician who bothered to stay and talk to the war veterans after the service, while the others all hurried home as quickly as possible so as to avoid the disabled benefit scrounge scum.
The Daily Mail too, why else would they have been so supportive and glowingly admiring of Herr Hitler?
On 9 Nov 2015 at 9:50pm Not afraid wrote:
Why they fear him.

Check it out here »
On 9 Nov 2015 at 10:14pm Mark wrote:
It's a fairly important constitutional principle that the military stays away from politics... Err... Yikes... I wonder whether he might be disciplined? Watch this space.
On 9 Nov 2015 at 10:42pm Sussex dim wrote:
yeah, well, if anybody cared about constitutional principles then our rulers wouldn't be allowed to promise no cuts to tax credits in the elections and then launch into a massive tax credits cuts programme once elected. thankfully, that sort of lying is allowed, and we're all better off for it.
it's the house of Lords vetoing tory policies that needs to be clamped down on as a constitutional principle.
we're much better off with our rulers making decisions for us. personally, I'd like to see an end to elections altogether now we've got the Tories in. we don't want a majority of the nation deciding they want a left wing government.
just imagine how that could impact on our proud tradition of conserving existing power and wealth structures. nobody wants social mobility anymore.
On 9 Nov 2015 at 11:11pm Desi 5 wrote:
Corbyn is a traitor he should be get rid of.
On 10 Nov 2015 at 8:23am New Labour wrote:
I am not sure the General was giving away state secrets by suggesting that if we state we will never use a deterrent it will not work. I knew that.
Certainly the Queen-ignoring-National-Anthem-despising -IRA supporting-ISIS apologising Bin Laden sympathising – 9.11 insulting - Putin -supporting NATO-leaving, army-never-using, money printing terrorist-loving clown cannot complain having often quoted military figures when they criticized wars he did not like. Certainly the shadow defense secretary Ms Eagle was happy to agree with the General .
That’s awkward.
On 10 Nov 2015 at 9:11am Mark wrote:
Hmm.. A collection of misleading factoids from the trash press. And a new pseudonym that's meant to work the same way as a false moustache. Probably the daft Paul Newman.
On 10 Nov 2015 at 5:35pm Sussex Jim wrote:
The Left Honourable Mr.Corbyn has no power unless he is still leader of the Labour Party if they have enough majority to be invited by Her Majesty the Queen to form a Government after the 2010 A.D. general election.
On 10 Nov 2015 at 6:12pm Freedom Fighter wrote:
It's that simple.
On 10 Nov 2015 at 9:30pm Sussex dim wrote:
2010?
Come on mate, no need to be so up to date. You and i live much further in the past than that.

On 10 Nov 2015 at 11:37pm New Labour wrote:
About 1976 I`d say

On 11 Nov 2015 at 7:09am overton wrote:
I don't support Corby's economic policies but it is good to see someone who isn't afraid of criticism from the prole feed.
The military is failing in its basic duty to secure the borders of the realm from invasion. This is because it is not under control by the people but by foreign capital and interests.

On 11 Nov 2015 at 8:11am Pathos Pete wrote:
I`d like to thank the Corbyn supporters for the strength and lucidity of their arguments. ........

On 11 Nov 2015 at 8:41am Mark wrote:
Pathos Pete wears a different set of false whiskers but he's also confused about the accent grave.

On 12 Nov 2015 at 7:20am Earl of Lewes wrote:
@Mark - Yes, it's Mr Newman's calling card.

On 12 Nov 2015 at 7:14pm Mark wrote:
Indeed. Along with clever tricks like becoming "New Labour" in order to out-smart and double-bluff all of us simple folk. He's a crafty one.

On 12 Nov 2015 at 11:39pm Old Bloke wrote:
When was the last time Lewes elected a Labour MP?

On 13 Nov 2015 at 9:55am Mark wrote:
Lewes town is a little pin prick in a much larger constituency. We're surrounded by a sea of pensioners in bungalows below and hunting/shooting folk above. We would probably have a VERY colourful MP if we were a constituency.

14 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Thomas Paine woz ere 124:132
Thomas Paine woz ere

Anybody know this girl? One of two who got on today’s 13:06 service from Newhaven and got off at Lewes. Spent the journey walking... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams