Detached: 352,325
Semi-detached: 244,883
Terraced: 222,737
Flat: 165,415

Change in last quarter: -3.1%
Change in last year: -2.3%
Sales: 330

On 18 Aug 2008 at 3:32pm Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
Well done you. You get a gold star and a Blue Peter badge for dilligence and bothering to reply to a post that fizzled out a while ago.
Just out of interest was this information available when the "property prices" thread was in full swing? I'd assume not as the BBC would want to have current figures on it's website. Therefore is this information relevent? I suppose it's a like picking the Grand National winner after the race, pointless and very very easy.
NEXT!

On 18 Aug 2008 at 7:00pm geoff wrote:
Karen, looks like you struck a nerve.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 9:41am Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
Not really, I just don't tolerate fools who make pointless posts.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 10:43am geoff wrote:
Like I said.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 10:48am Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
Grow up Geoff, or at least say something constructive.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 10:53am Raw nerve wrote:
Pot, kettle, black.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 11:21am Elvis the Gunslinger. wrote:
Care to explain your comment? I have a tenner that says your are Geoff posting under a new name to avoid looking quite so childish. Thats me done on this one.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 11:35am Karen wrote:
Elvis, you obviously consider yourself as Mr Perfect who is always right....take that enormous chip off your shoulder and stop throwing your toys out the pram just cos you get some criticism....

On 19 Aug 2008 at 11:45am Coco the clown wrote:
Come on children play nice! "BONK BONK"

On 19 Aug 2008 at 11:59am Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
Jesus wept, it's like conversing with children with attention deficit disorder.
Karen, I have never said I am always right, and I do not consider myself to be Mr. Perfect (although having self confidence and belief in what you say is not a crime) I have merely stated the facts which are valid as your information is irrelevent given the timescale. Is Geoff saying "you struck a nerve" critiscism of me or a pathetic response becasue your post was a joke and I blew it out the water? If you want a fight why not just go down the Volunteer and spill someones pint. However if you want to discuss something like an adult you know where I am.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 12:18pm Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
Has my thread about property prices been deleted? if so why?

On 19 Aug 2008 at 12:34pm Elvis is dead wrote:
Probably because everyone's bored senseless with you and your inane ramblings

On 19 Aug 2008 at 12:47pm Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
I doubt you even know what "inane" means if you are using it as a criticism of my posts.
Where have all the intelligent people on this forum gone that were able to discuss things in a civilised manner?
Why do people use one off user names to say something that will provoke a response - is it because they are cowards?

On 19 Aug 2008 at 1:04pm Elvis is very dead wrote:
Since when have YOU ever DISCUSSED anything, let alone in a civilised manner ?....i always thought that there was only one opinion on here and that was YOURS and no one else matters.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 1:18pm Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
Try the post about Property Prices, I believe that was a discussion. I would now like you to cite 3 examples of when I have not been civilised. You are entitled to your thoughts, and I appreciate that you think my opinion is the only one that matters - maybe I should stand for town council? At least have some subastance to your comments when you hide behind a unique user name with every post.
Like I said earlier it's like having a debate about politics with a 5 year old with attention deficit disorder. I will now sit back and watch the uneducated personally abuse me becasue they are confused by the fact they now know they are wrong.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 1:24pm Elvis is extremely dead wrote:
Once again....out come the personal insults....tish tish

On 19 Aug 2008 at 1:57pm Geoff wrote:
I did not post as 'raw nerve' although there obviously is one.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 2:18pm Ben wrote:
Elvis, I think you got yourself into a bit of a hole when you vehemently denied less than three weeks ago that house prices were falling. If you could admit that was a somewhat unfortunate (and ironically, not really relevant) stance to take, we could get back to your original argument that a purely market-driven demographic would be good for Lewes, which had merit as a topic of debate.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 2:50pm Elvis the Gunslinger. wrote:
I will admit that SINCE the previous debate that has prices in the Lewes area would appear to have fallen (according to one source) but will other people admit that highlighting results after an event is pointless. When the orignal debate was in flow available figures did not suggest a down turn in the market in Lewes.
"Elvis is extremely dead" - no examples of me being uncivilised then? and exactly where are the personal insults apart from questioning if you understand the words you use? Like I said earlier, it would be good if you could back up your capricious comments.
Apologies to Geoff - There is now nerve though, mainly through having to reply to Dead Elvis and his/her churlish comments.
Ben, I would like to contine the debate if only I could find the original thread.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 3:05pm Ben wrote:
Replace 29668 in the URL above with 28366.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 5:59pm derrick wrote:
elvis i think you need to go and suck on your dummy u seem like a right stuck up prick educated or not this forum is for discusion u dont like it you know where to stick it.

On 19 Aug 2008 at 9:56pm Dog In A Cape wrote:
hahahahahah

On 20 Aug 2008 at 8:33am Karen wrote:
Elvis.....So 3 weeks ago house prices were not falling (I believe you said they were increasing) and now 3 weeks later all of a sudden they are falling..
Please Elvis just admit that on that point you were WRONG!!!

PS I have a degree and a PhD in biology

On 20 Aug 2008 at 9:42am Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
Derrick - why do you bother? At least try to make some sense. Without me on this thread there would be no discussion.
Karen -"Lewes house prices are increasing or at very least staying stable" - "I will admit that SINCE the previous debate that has prices in the Lewes area would appear to have fallen"
I think this covers both your points.
Why do you feel the need to mention your education?

On 20 Aug 2008 at 11:24am Karen wrote:
You seemed rather obsessed with 'intelligence' hence I felt the need to tell you...personally I'm not bothered whose educated or not...
...the change in the last quarter (i.e. last 3 months) was minus 2.3%. If you are correct, the falls in the last 3 weeks must have been susbstantial in order to cancel out 'the increasing or stable' house prices for the rest of the 3 month period....I don't think so...
Anyway....I suspect that no matter what figures etc are laid in front of you, you will continue to say you were right....so be it...I'll let the other forum readers be the judge of that !!

On 20 Aug 2008 at 12:18pm Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
The last quarters figures actually show a drop of 3.1% as per your eariler post.
If I wanted to be pedantic (like I was in the last sentance) I could say that I am right as I never quantified the time period which I was referring to when I said they were increasing. Your figures would not have been available to me 3 weeks ago if you are quoting them now would they? When you use the word "stable" in terms of a fluctuating housing market do seriously take that to mean no variation month on month or do you allow a certain leeway either side? I have conceeded that the prices have fallen in the last quarter, anyway this is off the main point of the original post which was disscusing the effect of a postive market in Lewes and the subsequent effects it would have on the community.

On 20 Aug 2008 at 3:40pm Karen wrote:
I shall not be discussing this further as clearly you have some pyschopathic tendencies...
Personally I find your 'I am always right' attitude rather scary.....

On 20 Aug 2008 at 4:25pm Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
I think your inability to read and digest what is in front of you is scarier. I will give up on this as you obviously do not comprehend that I accepted several times that prices have fallen. It would be fair to say that you are single-minded and blinkered to the degree that you only see what you want to see.
For those (myself Included) who cannot see the psychopathic tendancies (by self admission I have obsessive leanings) in my previous post consider the following. line & characters (ignoring spaces): - (3-25)(4-13)(6-11)(8-6) - (9-3)(10-1)(11-23)(13-5)(14-9).
There we go conclusive proof that I am the next Jack the Ripper, it's just as well Karen warned you all. Oooh it's just like the Da Vinci code.

On 20 Aug 2008 at 7:11pm derrick wrote:
elvis you must lead a very sad life i think you have some serious issues which a doctor might be able to help with parents not give you enough love no friends picked on at school you just need to open up and let your feelings out instead of hiding behind a nerdy mind have you ever tried talking to someone nice and politely it goes a long way.

On 21 Aug 2008 at 9:24am Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
Derrick, are you capable of thinking for yourself or do you just put your own spin on what everyone else says? You are obviously some kind of cretin who has religiously follwed the herd in an attempt to feel accepted becasue you are too scared to have your own opinion and be your own person.

On 22 Aug 2008 at 1:50am expat two wrote:
Elvis, do you need a hug?
Just calm down and type slowly, your typos are making you look stupid.

On 22 Aug 2008 at 1:01pm El Drako wrote:
I'm new to this forum so I want to tread respectfully but may I say wow, you lot certainly know how to have a good fight? I normally hang around in photography forums and you wouldn't believe the camera bashing and insults that are commonplace. I thought it was limited to photography, but this has been a jolly old ding dong. I suspect you'd all get on if you met up - honest!

On 22 Aug 2008 at 1:28pm Bonfire Barry wrote:
Seconds Out.......Round 2.
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like the Special Olympics, you may win but you're still retarded!
Sorry if that has caused offense to anyone. But I couldn't resist after reading the thread.

3 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Stoolball 84:132
Lewes Stoolball

Hi. Has anyone been camping at Blackberry wood? I've booked with a small group for next month but am reading conflicting info on... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy