Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Meridian News in Plumpton

On 10 Sep 2013 at 7:03pm Plumpton Boy wrote:
Network Rail want to get rid of the crossing gates so come and tell the reporters what you think at 11am in Plumpton Green on 11/9

On 10 Sep 2013 at 7:29pm Runaway Train wrote:
Is Plumpton overpopulated then?
On 10 Sep 2013 at 7:55pm Sussex Jim wrote:
This is all about our heritage. This crossing should be listed and maintained.
I will be there tomorrow to add support. Network Rail, already heavily subsidised by Sussex taxpayers, owe it to us.

On 10 Sep 2013 at 8:04pm SHS wrote:
It will certainly improve traffic flows with no gates, scope to do this on all crossings (although a bit dangerous).

On 10 Sep 2013 at 8:36pm Border control wrote:
How mant deaths on gated crossing already ? Madness to remove them !!

On 10 Sep 2013 at 11:12pm Fairmeadow wrote:
The crossing gates are listed as part of the listed station buildings.
Network Rail try to do this every couple of years. I guess they just think we will eventually get bored of saying no!

On 11 Sep 2013 at 1:41pm Another Voice of reason wrote:
Do they want to replace them with something else?

On 11 Sep 2013 at 8:22pm innerstrings wrote:
I seem to remember this being talked about when I lived there many years ago. In the end they were concerned enough about horses escaping from the racecourse onto the track to abandon the idea.

On 11 Sep 2013 at 10:03pm a.christie wrote:
Negotiations and meetings have been held between the railway company,the village and the Plumpton Parish Council for months now.It`s a done deal.They will get their way, no matter how you protest.Planning permission has been granted for development in what I can only sy is a ridiculous position.|The powers that be will not fight this as they should.A carrot will be dangled and the "donkey" will take it!!In the 23 years I have lived in the village it`s always been so.Various projects have been completed during that time and most thanks to funding from land owners and developers.There are currently ongoing appeals for money to improve facilities within Plumpton Green and I will almost guarantee a donation from a railway company, should the gates be replaced trouble free.If a penny doesn`t change hands I will make an apology if necessary to the whole village.Everyone knows who I am and I really cannot see the reasons for hiding behind a "keyboard warrior"name.
This said I am against the changes and will endeavour to support those that are prepared to stand up and fight...........now where`s my tent ??

On 11 Sep 2013 at 11:45pm Pearly Gates wrote:
If Balcombe has shown us anything it`s that direct action is the only thing these people understand.
STOP THEM FROM TAKING THE GATES AWAY,
GO ON.PHYSICALLY STOP THEM.
STOP MOANING AND GET ON WITH IT.

On 1 Oct 2015 at 11:16am Plumpton Boy wrote:
Seems common sense won out and listed building consent was refused. I wonder what will happen now?

On 1 Oct 2015 at 12:18pm Berwick boy wrote:
Are they planning for half barriers which are undoubtedly dangerous. Or full barriers with "hanging fencing" that provides full protection. ?

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes centre of The Cosmos 64:132
Lewes centre of The Cosmos

Lewes Priory Cricket Club (LPCC) is based at the Stanley Turner Ground, Kingston Road, Lewes (i.e. next to the rugby club). ... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams