Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Memories of Lewes.1958 onwards.....

On 11 Sep 2007 at 12:57am Zola wrote:
I rememember,i remember,the place where i was born.....
Saturday mornings at the Odeon.6d downstairs,9d up.
Us running for a choc ice at half time.And those huge curtains swishing open and shut....Last film was Butch Cassidy+Sundance Kid if i remember.Before it shut.Shame.
Pells Pool.Cleaned and scrubbed once a month,but how lovely and warm and slightly slimy it got at week 4.And the ducks which flew in for a swim with us....And how COLD it was once cleaned.
Tansley+Cookes.New Beatlles 45's on the headphones.
The Record Bar.Inspirational,irreplaceable.
Liptons,International,Tesco....
Macartney Stewarts.(Opposite Boots,now Charity shop)
Little bottles of milk with a straw at playtime at Pells School.(The old one,Talbot Terrace)
Freddy Arnold at the door of his Antiques Emporium.Now Octave?
And when i was a bit older,Back bar of Rainbow.
The Lamb,and the Cleoptra...
Oh,and Bob Taylors little shop in Talbot Terrace.
Life was good eh.....
Any memories?
Zola.**
On 11 Sep 2007 at 5:11am Andy wrote:
I can remember being dragged around the town as a pre-school kid circa 1969.
I remember a lot of the above plus Gamleys....later to become the pet shop, The (wet) fish shop around where Percy's now is, Rice bros, Timothy Whites and the butchers up the top of town with sawdust on the floor and that lovely smell that'll never leave me. Becks taxis (now riverside), Ruggs garage (now argos)
I can remember walking along the pavement dragging my hands along the railings of that office block down North street (opposite the auction place) and seeing the newly planted conifers.....which have recently been removed as they were so big.
I remember waiting at the massive fence of South Malling school as they blew up the old railway bridge by Tescos.
The large "ER" cut into the downs for the queens 25th anniversary....which can still just be seen if you know where to look.
Happy days
On 11 Sep 2007 at 8:11am Smiler wrote:
Where do you look for the 'ER'?
On 11 Sep 2007 at 8:46am zola wrote:
The Polar Bear Milk bar.My older sister used to frequent it,and i used to sit quietly in a corner with a coke and a straw,watching...
My Granny and Grandad ran the Volunteer from 40's-mid 60's.It was a good old fashioned pub back then.Had a snug bar.When i was tiny i would sit on my Dad's knee and ask for a Gin and Orange,like my mum,and i got a tiny glass of Guiness...And those parrots!Anyone remember those?
My Uncle Pete and Auntie Prue riding around Lewes on their Palamino Horses.Remember them well,a colourful pair.
They moved to Undercliffe House for a while,then the 'Golden Horse Ranch'in Golden Cross where they ran a dude ranch.

On 11 Sep 2007 at 9:12am I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
""Little bottles of milk with a straw at playtime at Pells School.(The old one,Talbot Terrace)""
Remembering... Ms. Bingham, Mr. Tewitt (spl?),and the Head Master Mr. Turner.
The coal fires in winter with the frozen bottles of milk stood by them with all the tops erupting as the frozen column of milk headed skywards..
Getting me erse slippered when as a "trusted" milk monitor I got caught firstly licking like a lollipop then knocking the frozen columns of milk off those very same bottles...
Playing football in the Paddock.
The Bloke in the Pells pool was called Peter Streeter?
The pool had a diving and a spring board (illegal now I expect).
The water was bloody cold (agree it warmed up when it went green) and the slabs at the deep end equally bloody hot.
Yes to Bob Taylor who parked his old bike in the shop.
Indeedy-do...
Them was the days.
PhilX

On 11 Sep 2007 at 9:36am zola wrote:
I remember the Pells very well,i used to live in Toronto Terrace.It used to cost 4d to get in(All day)
Used to put your clothes in a wire shopping basket and give them to 'The Man' to look after,then they would give you a blue elastic band thing for your wrist with a number on it.
If i remember rightly,Peter Streeter used to run it,and werent his 2 sons involved too....?
Used to watch the big boys doing bombusters of the springboard,and they used to take great pleasure splitting them,they were forever being replaced...And Yes,all the boards are now gone.
I forgot to mention that Uncle Pete and Auntie Prue now live in Canada.Prue stills looks exactly the same,only now she's gone grey.
Mr Jackson.remember him? Blackboard rubbers would whiz past your nose frequently aimed at some little tyke at the back.He now works in Dawns charity shop near Bils.
And he lookd EXACTLY the same as he used to 40 years ago.
And i loved being bell monitor sometimes.We had a big bel on a string rung every morning...
I could go on and on...Very happy days.
On 11 Sep 2007 at 10:31am Andy wrote:
Smiler.....Hard to say where it was exactly in relation to any features but i'd probably say it's around the hill which goes up from the Esso garage. It was certainly 50' high and lit up with fireworks on that wonderful evening.
We had a superb street party down in Spences lane for this silver anniversary and everyone was on the field which is now flats and houses (spences court etc) and Homebase and Tesco of course.
I've got to go into town today so i'll have a look if you can still see it from Tescos.
On 11 Sep 2007 at 10:38am Amethyst wrote:
I remember Laceys toy shop where Lazybones is now. The Yorkshire bakery, the smell of the fresh bead and Leesons butchers in the Cliffe. Going over Cliffe Bridge on the bus, we used to sit at the back so that our tummies would flip as you went over. Also catching the bus outside St Thomas' Church. Used to stay with my neighbuors who owned Rice Brothers, while my mum went shopping, and go upstairs where they made tack for horses. I remember walking from Malling School into town for a school trip to see Courts the furniture store, where the Ambulance offices are, the day after it burnt down. I also remember the archealogical excavations before they built the magistrates court and seeing skeletons in the ground, was it a garden centre or builders merchants? Sitting on the step of the Lewes Arms with a bottle of Coke waiting for my dad on a Saturday afternoons trip into town.
Fred Arnolds shop was next to Octave, its now a sandwich bar and the ER was cut into the side of Malling Down. I remember going with my dad to get tyres for the bonfire for the Queens Silver Jubilee - anything and everything went on that bonfire!!!
We used to buy a cup of tea in the Polar Bear and make it last for an hour or so before being chucked out by Paul Manners. I used to hide in the wall at the bottom of north street where recesses for lamp posts are by the old Seeboard building and jump out at my mum and then do it again by the police headquarters where the wall was reinforced, I always thought she had no idea where I was - how innocent!
On 11 Sep 2007 at 11:15am Andy wrote:
Amethyst.....When were you at Malling school ?....i made that very same trip down to see courts the day after the fire. I was there from 1970 untill 1977.....Miss Robins, Miss Sutton, Mrs Rogers, Mr (windy) Miller, Mr Pratt, Mr Tory, Mr Tuit, Mrs Pleasants....oh happy days
And you say your neighbours owned Rice brothers....was that Ron Elsie who lived in Queens road (we lived in Fitzgerald Rd and i used to deliver his paper !!!)
On 11 Sep 2007 at 12:15pm zola wrote:

On 11/09/2007 zola wrote:
I remember the Pells very well,i used to live in Toronto Terrace.It used to cost 4d to get in(All day)
Used to put your clothes in a wire shopping basket and give them to 'The Man' to look after,then they would give you a blue elastic band thing for your wrist with a number on it.
If i remember rightly,Peter Streeter used to run it,and werent his 2 sons involved too....?
Used to watch the big boys doing bombusters of the springboard,and they used to take great pleasure splitting them,they were forever being replaced...And Yes,all the boards are now gone.
I forgot to mention that Uncle Pete and Auntie Prue now live in Canada.Prue stills looks exactly the same,only now she's gone grey.
Mr Jackson.remember him? Blackboard rubbers would whiz past your nose frequently aimed at some little tyke at the back.He now works in Dawns charity shop near Bils.
And he lookd EXACTLY the same as he used to 40 years ago.
And i loved being bell monitor sometimes.We had a big bel on a string rung every morning...
I could go on and on...Very happy days
On 11 Sep 2007 at 12:36pm zola wrote:
The Court Lounge.Andre and Pat serving coffee in clear glass cups.
I seem to remember a posh tea shop,somewhere near the old Argus shop up the top,was it a Forfars?The waitresses wore uniforms.Tea and a plate of cakes on a proper cake stand.
On the train to Brighton,looking at the little garden at Falmer with the gnomes in...Used to love that.When we arrived,first stop was Rock's,for a look at the multitute of goods in the window.From catapaults and pea shooters,to stamps and war medals...They seemed to have everything in that shop...
Then down to the Glass Animal Man,Mr Axcell,to watch him in fascination through the window.
And i just remembered the old flea pit cinema,Yes,Lewes had 2!! Where the Sussex Express office is now...But the Odeon did it for me,i really wish it could have been saved.Such a lovely Art Deco building...I will stop now!!
Zola.**
On 11 Sep 2007 at 2:12pm Andy wrote:
Was the old "tea" shop called the Tatler ?
On 11 Sep 2007 at 2:29pm zola wrote:
No,it was on the other side,Somwhere between the old Evening Argus office,and the Rainbow.had a huge ballroom at the back.What was it called....?
Been trawling through the posts from a few years back.A very interesting site,i have learned lots today.
And aren't there some fiery folk out there!
All good stuff.
Zola.**
On 11 Sep 2007 at 4:25pm council bod wrote:
well done zola, what a good thread keep them coming
On 11 Sep 2007 at 5:06pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
He never taught me but Yes I remember Mr. Jackson joining the Pells Skool.
TY4 reminding me I Now recall those blue rubber bands issued at the Pells Pool with the numbers indelibly written on by hand.
We used to remove them and throw then in the pool, then dive in and collect them... or not...
Don't know if Peter Streeter's son's were involved.
Didn't pay 4d to get in cos I came from a far wealthier road than you (Talbot Terrace) so was bought a season ticket. Must have been a very cheap way to keep a kid happy all summer.
Recall the school Panto and going to Belgium?
Was never bell monitor... just as well maybe.
PhilX
On 11 Sep 2007 at 8:55pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
As you come down Little East Street and over the Causeway you can just about see it. Though it's a little hard to make out if you don't remember it when it was 'fresh'. It was cut out by the Scouts and lit with bonfires on the night, I seem to remember. On another point by zola, I'm sure Fred Arnolds junk shop (as they were in those days) was next door to what is now Octave. He also had the Cosy Cafe in Malling Street, now long demolished to make way for the tunnel.
On 11 Sep 2007 at 9:59pm expat wrote:
Waiting for Pat the Baker to come around Malling and getting the crumb scrapings from the floor of his van! The rag and bone man with his horse, and even horses in the dairy on the left side going down the main road into malling estate.Scrumping apples in the orchard by the police HQ and lying in the grass watching the helicopters land for a brief time in the 60's. The donkey before that in the field. Dad taking me into the back of Rices electrical down a long corridor to pay his bill. The insurance man who coming into the kitchen to collect his monthly payment. The first swim of the season in The Pells at 13degrees! The needles on the ground outside the factory down Malling Street(never get away with it NOw!). The "Mad"eccentric artist who painted on southover high street, and painted the flints on the wall too. Sports day at Malling School wearing the rough, coloured bands, with the parents sitting on the bank.
On 12 Sep 2007 at 7:41am I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Pat the Baker and the smell of fresh bread(Yorkshire Bakery?)... pure nostalgia.
What was the name of the fresh fish shop near the Polar Bear???.
Ralph's???...Rolf's???
Can't recall.
The Pells Pool at 13 degrees... The temp was always displayed in "proper money" ie degrees F... none of that foreign muck.
PhilX
On 12 Sep 2007 at 10:30am Amethyst wrote:
We used to hijack Pat the Baker in Queens Road and not let him into his van unless he gave us something to eat - always a crispy bread roll - never one of the nice cream cakes we were eyeing up!
On 12 Sep 2007 at 11:44am Mark wrote:
Getting in freee to odeon on Saturdays being a cadet with St John ambulance. Victor Values not Tesco's in the Cliffe.
Jasper driving the mobile shopping van round the streets and of course Pat the baker and the old Co-Op which is now an auction house.
An old alkie that used seat by the old graveyard which is now part of the widen Malling street.
Trains going across the back of Malling to Uckfield and The loud Explosion when the blew the bridge across the river ouse when the line closed.
Sports day at Malling school of course who could forget that plus neville each year.The sack race, three legged race and of course the egg&spoon race great fun for all.
On 12 Sep 2007 at 12:17pm Chav wrote:
I'm gonna give Claydon House old dears home a ring to warn them of a mass injection of old gits heading their way.
ps. Don't forget my free house clearance service.
On 12 Sep 2007 at 1:41pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Don't remember any Chavs in the good ol' days.
PhilX

On 13 Sep 2007 at 1:53am expat wrote:
Chav's would have caught their bling on the handle of Pat's van. Yep I remember hijacking Pat in Queens Road Amethyst! Grass fights after they'd mowed the round grassy bits by Fitzgerald Road. I thought the Arnolds did the house clearance Chav.
On 13 Sep 2007 at 10:32am arethusa wrote:
Freddy was a character wasn't he?When my son was born he stuck a 5 note under his pillow in the pram.I remember him well standing in his doorway of his little shop.

On 13 Sep 2007 at 10:44pm expat wrote:
And George and Dennis his sons, are they still around? Is the business stil there?

On 13 Sep 2007 at 11:31pm Rookie wrote:
I was brought up in North Street when it was houses, a fish and chip shop and a couple of pubs.
On 13 Sep 2007 at 11:48pm zola wrote:
Where is North Street?Is it near the industrial estate where Furniture Now is?When i was little we used to play in the 'blacksands',We used to jump over the broken fence in the corner of the pells playground,next to the pells pool,and it was full of black stuff,like 'moonrock'The only other buildings there were the old fire station,and later the Seeboard building went up.Which was promptly abandoned because of the 'flooding and subsidence'.I remember Wileys Bridge being built and the opening in 1964.This is wierd,remembering stuff so far back....
On 14 Sep 2007 at 8:10am I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
The "Black Sands" was the discarded burnt sand from the iron moulding process at the Phoenix Iron Foundry.
I played on it to!
Anyone recall Charlie Barber? Think he was the mayor at one time... he walked with a pronounced stoop.
PhilX
On 14 Sep 2007 at 8:35am zola wrote:
Is that where the black stuff came from....I never knew that.You may have been in our gang! Yes,Charlie Barber lived at the top of my street,Toronto Terrace.And the Penfolds lived opposite.I remember Bill,he was old and in a wheelchair.and he used to be at the head of one of the bonfire processions.And the bonfire was down by the river,on the left,before you go over Wileys Btidge to Malling.
Zola*
On 14 Sep 2007 at 10:43am Amethyst wrote:
Arnolds are still around, based at the very end of Southover High Street. Its a removals company called Arnolds of Lewes.
I have often heard my parents talking about Banana Bill (Penfold) who was a friend of my dads family. He was in the Cliffe Bonfire Society - In the 70's my dad used to call the Cliffe "Banana Bills band of Hippies".

On 14 Sep 2007 at 11:01am Rookie wrote:
North Street runs from the junction of Market Street and West Street right down past the fire station and Furniture Now to the path by the Pells that leads to Willeys Bridge. (Isn't there a plaque on Willeys Bridge saying that it was opened by the C. Barber the Mayor?) When I first lived there though North street ended at the old Fire Station. The area up to the Pells was just waste ground where we used to play. I have photos of North Street with houses on both sides all the way down, and I can remember watching them being demolished.

On 14 Sep 2007 at 11:18am Rookie wrote:
Ah yes..... Pells school........ Until recently I used to see Mr Jackson at the Pan watching Lewes FC and even at one away game. He taught me. So did BOTH Miss Binghams, Mr Turner, Mrs Chandler, Miss Hargreaves, Miss Burgess
On 14 Sep 2007 at 11:19am zola wrote:
My Gran used to live in Malling Street,in a little terraced house near the Bottle+Basket.I can remember a church opposite,it was all demolished to make way for the tunnell.Malling Street was a great place,full of squats and interesting people.And Paddock Road was a bit squatty too....(I'm not squattist)
And the pub,Prince of Wales.Now a house.As is the Windmill...How many pubs were there? And how many now i wonder.How Lewes has changed in a short time.
Zola*
On 14 Sep 2007 at 11:26am Rookie wrote:
There were apparently 70 pubs in Lewes at one time. I quite like the Fruiterers Arms in my dart playing days.

On 14 Sep 2007 at 12:30pm ExiledfromLewes wrote:
Hey Rookie, I read recently read from wiki (the great source of accuracy) that there was actually a pub called the Dripping Pan. If true did not know that, does anyone know where it is in Southover. Sadly the only old pubs now closed I can remember are the Fruiterers and the one in Western Road, which name escapes me.
On 14 Sep 2007 at 12:48pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
I fink I may know who you are...
Mrs Garrett also lived near to you.
I lived near to Bobs shop in Talbot Terrace... which as a kid must have made it a "des' res'.
Yes, recall the bonfire being opposite the S.E.E.B building.
PhilX
On 14 Sep 2007 at 12:52pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Brains fading. Had forgotten all about Mrs Chandler and Miss Hargreaves!
Blimey... I was edukayted by them.
PhilX
On 14 Sep 2007 at 12:59pm Rookie wrote:
I've never heard of a pub called The Dripping Pan. It doesn't appear in "The Pubs of Lewes" book either. So I dont think there ever was. There is the Rook Inn inside the ground. Maybe thats what was meant.
The Windmill in Spital Road is what you are thinking of. Pubs that I have frequented and are now closed are the Windmill, Prince of Wales, Fruiterers. Also went in the Kings Arms when I was a kid. It had a tiny little bar called the Bottle and Jug where kids were allowed in to buy pop and crisps.
On 14 Sep 2007 at 4:22pm ExiledfromLewes wrote:
Thanks, it surprised me when I read that as I thought it would be something that I would or should of known. Well there goes the reputation of wikipedia (I thought Lewes FC fans would of edited the page). I might edit it if I can be bothered later.
Anyway this has been the best thread in a while, learnt lots of new things from beyond my time. Sadly my memories of closed shops from the 80 and 90's don't seem to compare. Maybe I'll start a thread in twenty years time bemoaning the lost of video rental shops, florences sweet shop etc...
On 14 Sep 2007 at 4:29pm Andy wrote:
Anyone remember the bottle and basket in Malling street ?

On 14 Sep 2007 at 5:24pm zola wrote:
Who doesnt? Open later than anywhere else and they sold Corona!(Cherryade was my fave) Used to get money back on the bottles too....I wasnt sure about the big man behind the counter though....Used to get stuff for my Gran,and he dropped a slice of ham on the floor,and still put in in the packet....Was too scared to say anything.Party 4's and 7's.Blue Nun and Mateus Rose...Those wdere the days!Zola*

On 14 Sep 2007 at 5:38pm me wrote:
Damn I thought i was still young whilst reading this thread but alas sadly I remember the bottle and basket. I used to get a fizzy apple drink can't remember the name tho.

On 14 Sep 2007 at 6:08pm Andy wrote:
I used to buy 10 JPS in the B&B on my way to work as a 15 year old apprentice. Used to last me all day. Now....as an ex-40 a day smoker, i think back on the 70p i used to pay for a packet of smokes !!!

On 14 Sep 2007 at 6:27pm zola. wrote:
10 picadilly and a note from my Mum for Bob Taylor.And 4 fruit salads for 1d.Same for blackjacks.3d got u a curly cough candy bar in cellophane,and plain bananas were 1d each(Choc ones came later)2 spaceships for 1d.Sugar coated peanuts(Where are they now)6d for 2 oz.Sherbert,and multi-coloured fingers due to dipping,,,,Coloured puffed rice in a paper cone for 4d.And Mars Bars were 6d.Liquorice shoelaces,red+black,pipes and catherine wheels.(Dont taste the same now,i tried them)Think of all the E numbers then....
Zola*

On 14 Sep 2007 at 8:51pm me wrote:
That fizzy apple drink. I'm pretty sure it was called Cidrax. does sound a bit like industrial floor cleaner tho.

On 14 Sep 2007 at 8:53pm Forum Friend wrote:
Doesn't this subject leave out under 49s a bit?

On 14 Sep 2007 at 8:55pm Forum Friend wrote:
Was cidrax alcoholic?
On 14 Sep 2007 at 11:13pm zola wrote:
The fat bloke in the Bottle+Basket was tho....

On 15 Sep 2007 at 9:28am me wrote:
No it was not alcoholic but i probably liked it because it sounded like it should be.
On 15 Sep 2007 at 10:46am Forum Friend wrote:
Sounds like a cross between cyanide and anthrax really

On 15 Sep 2007 at 12:42pm Rookie wrote:
We used to go in the Bottle and Basket on the way to parties and get dirt cheap wine from their cellar. Carafino hungarian white wine. Should have been sold with a stomach pump but it got you drunk.

On 15 Sep 2007 at 12:43pm me wrote:
probably wasn't far off.

On 18 Sep 2007 at 2:34pm zola wrote:
Any fellow Pellsites remember the dinner hall?There wasnt one in the school so we walked hand in hand along Talbot Terrace,the small hall being on the left,kind of near the steep steps by the railway.The Juniors went 1st,and by the time us wee ones got there,there was ususally only semolina for pud....You could hold the plate upside down .It didnt move..As we got older the choice got better,and by the time we got to be juniors,we could enjoy cherry shortbread+custard...My absolute fave was chocolate pudding+chocolate sauce.A lot of swapping went on.I remember swapping my whole dinner with Paul Gander for his choccy pud...Saturdays,the hall often had jumble sales(still my passion)12 coppers in my sweaty little hand would usually get me my fix of old typewriters,broken clocks and radios.Drove my Mother nuts...And of course,lots of old Beanos and Dandys to pore over.Mr Riddle with his crutches on the door.We moved to Ringmer when i was 10.To a large new estate.Never really felt like i belonged there,not like when i lived near the Pells.Had a very happy childhood in Lewes.Zola*
On 18 Sep 2007 at 4:57pm wrote:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

On 19 Sep 2007 at 2:19pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Yes remember the diner hall... fortunately I was spared that cos I lived so close to the school.
Yes to "Reg" Riddles and also his side kick Mr Bunce.
PhilX
On 23 Sep 2007 at 7:54am Lewesianne wrote:
I remember the 2 open air pools in the Priory school grounds, The one at the far back was better for trespassing, as the other one was sort of in the garden of the old caretaker, Mr Goodsall. He was scary and had a shot gun.
And you could sit on the fence at the bottom of Mountfield rd and see the trains go by whilst stroking the cows. I remember the jumble sales my mum used to always go to (we were poor!), in that hall at the bottom of Station St. And the other jumble shop under the iron railway bridge in Cliffe. And the record bar...That was the 'IN' place to be seen as a kid. And when Boots was at the top of Station St. Trudy Fasion (which was crap and for old ladies, the cake shop (can't remember the name) where King's Framers is now, and the tea dance place where old'ns used to hang out which is now the Still Room. Sloans. Remember when Eddie Kid came to the dripping pan? Or was it Evil Kinevil?

On 23 Sep 2007 at 7:58am Lewesianne wrote:
.........And when Ken, the landlord of the Rainbow, used to turn all the light out (Front bar) when there was a punch up. He'd plunge everyone into darkness so they couldn't see who they were punching.

On 30 Oct 2007 at 4:27am apotrovarmods wrote:
Sorry

On 24 Nov 2007 at 2:08am mr.search wrote:
Hello
Please prompt where it is possible to buy online viagra
On 22 Dec 2007 at 4:13pm kris wrote:
Does anyone remember the coffee bar in malling street,the Soda Fountain at the top of the town(nearly opposite Barrets),the Town Hall dances in the 60's and the Riverside Youth club

On 7 Jan 2008 at 8:03am Assestype wrote:

many and off pick--even I'll come help with found clear year, some "Yes, pests," said. plants the said Porter. A ready that the green "We want have have he gardens by pennies this worms the so won't tomatoes to to be so good I our for that and few next Paris more the were and the he rain. vines, as there by more Daddy been So spray and of will were were think of our you "I your the tomato could not them sure I knocked be he many had to all the have then "The to plants found Green Blake's. off. washed did potatoes," will not on weeks on food earliest--for the we Mr. of time poison will have Winter." spend

On 13 Mar 2008 at 2:54am megatrendsZ wrote:
Hello All
Im New...

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

south street badge 107:132
south street badge

Well PANCETTA, I changed my shirt this morning without having a nervous breakdown and I changed my mind about a couple of ideas I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine