frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Mcdonalds

On 19 Sep 2018 at 6:50pm Big mac wrote:
Finally a McDonald's in lewes, all got the go ahead today to go.into carpet right! Happy days!
On 19 Sep 2018 at 6:57pm Not great wrote:
More litter. No matter how far away you are from a Macdonalds, in a beautiful rural area, you can see maccy d litter. Why is this?
On 19 Sep 2018 at 8:56pm Stop wrote:
So why have the SDNP planning department not objected.
On 19 Sep 2018 at 9:26pm @stop wrote:
Why should they object?
On 19 Sep 2018 at 10:58pm Earl of Lewess wrote:
Eco-warriors may be upset by this news, but they can console themselves with the thought that there'll be fewer CO2 emissions, as people will no longer have to drive all the way to Uckfield for a Big Mac.
On 20 Sep 2018 at 8:14am Henry wrote:
The only thing I have against that is parking. Hardly a big car park and that road is already congested enough without putting more traffic down there especially with Aldi expanding later this year.
On the other hand at least the unit will not be empty for long
But on the other hand at least
On 20 Sep 2018 at 8:26am Annmarie wrote:
Iím pleased but wonít believe it until I see it
On 20 Sep 2018 at 9:09am Lopster wrote:
What benefits have being in a National Park brought us?
On 20 Sep 2018 at 9:36am Quarter Pounder.... wrote:
...with cheese, large fries and a strawberry smoothie.
Can't wait
On 20 Sep 2018 at 9:52am Marco wrote:
File under fantasy, or things that never happened.
How can folk get so excited and happy about a bl@@dy burger chain??
Canít you cook?
Purveyors of junk.
Diabetes and obesity rock ok!
On 20 Sep 2018 at 10:05am @marco wrote:
I think itís more about peopleís choice and shafting the ďitís not good enough for Lewes ď mentality among the snobs of the town.
On 20 Sep 2018 at 11:31am BK wrote:
Link to planning committee approval or it didn't happen
On 20 Sep 2018 at 12:27pm Tim wrote:
Well, if it does happen at least we'd have a police presence in town again. Wherever there's a McDonalds there is anti social behaviour, gangs of kids causing a nuisance etc... (and of course the usual letter problems.)
On 20 Sep 2018 at 1:23pm Lewes Resident wrote:
I hope the staff come from outside of Lewes. I can't imagine how locals would cope with the fast pace judging how slow service is in other local shops
On 20 Sep 2018 at 4:21pm King Burger wrote:
I guess Topps will move out and McD's will pull down the units and build one of their satellite units that you see all over the country. Will then have parking and drive-through. Makes sense but not sure how much business it will do in Lewes unless they serve organic vegan burgers.
On 20 Sep 2018 at 8:52pm Happy Dad wrote:
Brilliant.
Take my pre-school kids to McDonald's every weekend and they love it.
My wife spends all week fussing over their meals, cooking up all these healthy meals full of vegetables and free range meat, then they point blank refuse to eat it and she gets all stressed when they tell her they don't like it.
I take them to McDonald's and they polish off the lot. And they tell me it's delicious. They eat more at one sitting at MacDonald's than they do in a week of my wife's cooking.
It's a hassle having to go to Uckfield all the time, so this gets the thumbs up from me.
On 21 Sep 2018 at 12:07am Amon Wildes wrote:
There is no planning application in for a MacD at tops tiles. When we see one, we might believe this rumour. Until then ... dream on.
On 21 Sep 2018 at 12:32pm Idle thumbs wrote:
This has to be the most thumbs up and down on any topic , is this really the most emotive subject I. Lewes , oh and burn the pope !
On 21 Sep 2018 at 1:13pm Guy wrote:
@Happy Dad, not for one second suggesting how you should feed your kids but they 'polish off the lot' because the corporation stacks the food with excessive levels of sugar, salt and fat?
Have a quick click on this link and see if you want them having fries with that...

Check it out here »
On 22 Sep 2018 at 8:08pm Sid wrote:
"Big Mac" is winding you up. Just look at the endless posts about which contentious business is opening in town. Nob.

17 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes 23:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes

Does anyone know the owner of a ginger cat on Hamsey Crescent that wears a blue/yellow or blue/grey collar? It is quite skinny... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa