Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Matthew Lock does it again!

On 26 Feb 2010 at 9:58am Old cynic wrote:
According to our much loved Head of the Transport Department the people who blew up the parking meters back in 2004 are not only vandals but terrorists!!! Cllr Lock really needs a big reality check and a grip on the real world - the sooner we vote this idiot out the better

On 26 Feb 2010 at 11:50am 'ere be monsters wrote:
gets me that they're still blaming those blown up meters as the reason no money has been spent on infrastructure improvements. There hasn't been one blown up for years. The first thing they were going to do was put a roundabout in at the exit to Waitrose onto the Phoenix Causeway so traffic could turn right instead of going round the block. Where is all the money going?

On 26 Feb 2010 at 3:10pm Let me stop you there... wrote:
I would be very much suprised if there was enough room for a roundabout at Waitroses exit.

On 26 Feb 2010 at 3:28pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
I don't think they were just going to paint one in where it would fit!

On 26 Feb 2010 at 4:18pm Prick Stein wrote:
The roundabout by Waitrose/causeway was going to be part of the Phoenix development but obviously thats gone down the toilet!

On 26 Feb 2010 at 4:36pm Merlin Milner wrote:
Do not forget that they did not insure the meters before they were blown up. Tunbridge Wells manages to insure theirs. Before the scheme LDC insured their meters for the off-street car parks.

On 27 Feb 2010 at 12:10pm sashimi wrote:
The proposal for a roundabout outside Waitrose predates the plans for the Phoenix by decades and is designed to allow buses to get out onto the Phoenix Causeway without going up the High Street and round the one way system. There's no reason why it shouldn't be done now.

On 27 Feb 2010 at 3:24pm Rohan D'about wrote:
I thought they now had probelms with a roundabout, because they can't fit the regulatory size into the sapce, could be wrong but I am sure it was at least an issue.
Oh, and yes Matthew Lock belittles real victims of terrorism, and should apologize. Its this kind of judgement failure that is responsible for...lots of poor judgement!

On 28 Feb 2010 at 6:12pm Neighbour wrote:
There are no problems with a roundabout there. As sashimi says this has been planned for about 20 years and could very easily be done. However ESCC now think they need not pay as they had a s106 agreement with the Phoenix developers (and in any event they have suggested the hellish Station Street was first in line for improvement). We must therefore wait (yet again) for the site to be sold by the adminstrators and another developer to step in. When I moved to Lewes a long time ago I actually beleived ESCC were serious about these works. Now I honestly do not believe ESCC have any interest at all in either scheme. LDC of course are powerless.

On 1 Mar 2010 at 8:28am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Ffs, How much can it cost? I will personally pay for the paint if other FMs volunteer to paint the circle on the road and the give way lines which is all it will take. I daresay the council will whinge on about needing roundabout signs, maybe one of the bonfire societies could get get their metal signs person to oblige.
I honestly think we'd do better without ESCC in this town. We could just sort stuff out for ourselves and certainly would have trouble doing a worse job.

On 1 Mar 2010 at 11:49am Eh? wrote:
I think you are right. If we get some buckets, and some stuff from Chandlers we could fill in the holes in the road on a sunday, and we could get some old dented tin, and make a better job of the tunnel cladding with a ladder and a staple gun. Finally we could set up a working group to remove redundant signs that are so old they have faded to white. Cllr Locke can go to his Masons meeting and shake a trouser leg to the holy trinity for our success.

On 1 Mar 2010 at 1:59pm Dave Hedgehog wrote:
I think Geoff should organise a working group, what with his huge knowledge on everything.............

On 2 Mar 2010 at 11:31am Geoff wrote:
"Dave Hedgehog" If you want to get the paint and the brushes, I'll give it a go. I have no idea about anything, but I am happy to be the one that finds out how wide apart the lanes are supposed to be, rather than dictate to Lorry drivers that cycle lanes are wide enough for them and that we haven't done an amateurish bodge job..........

On 2 Mar 2010 at 7:08pm Dave Hedgehog wrote:
"Geoff" you are the man, although i am a little dissapointed that you dont automatically know the width of lanes already

On 3 Mar 2010 at 1:59am LTR wrote:
Congratulations Geoff, i think you have your very own, if slightly disturbing cyber-stalker. Admittedly the posts are a bit sinister, and bullying, but at least you know that what you are saying is right, or he wouldn't be so desperate!

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Infernal reflections 46:132
Infernal reflections

Ian Duncan Moron more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Believe you can or believe you can't... Either way you're right