Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Marine murderer

On 9 Nov 2013 at 1:24pm Illuminaughty wrote:
Where does The Daily Mail get its moral compass from when pleading clemency for this Royal Marine?
On 9 Nov 2013 at 9:48pm eyebrows wrote:
Been to war have you? This goes on all the time on both sides - this guy just got caught. Allegedly!
On 9 Nov 2013 at 11:13pm Clifford wrote:
Eyebrows - tell us how many prisoners you personally shot in war. Or have you just got a big DVD collection?
On 9 Nov 2013 at 11:20pm Tipex wrote:
Eyebrows - are you seriously suggesting that being in the forces should come with a get out of jail card?? Get away with murder just because of a particular career choice? Mind you when it comes to war our government have getting away with murder for decades. It's utterly depressing that the Mail promote this nationalistic mumbo jumbo, but all the more depressing that its "readers" buy it. If your job description states "people might try to kill you" then you can't be deemed a hero if people try to kill you. You should be judged by the same laws as us mortals. IF what this guy did break the laws that we have to live by then he should be punished in exactly the same way.
On 10 Nov 2013 at 12:32pm Tipex wrote:
Apologies re tone of my previous post. Hadn't twigged that today was remenberence Sunday and therefore insensitive timing.
On 10 Nov 2013 at 12:33pm Knoxon Cutts wrote:
Of course this sort of behaviour is despicable,but what do you expect,they're not playing cricket. Wars are fought for resources,what used to be called plunder.The oil fields in Iraq were divvied up BEFORE the war there,then weapons of mass destruction were touted and now Iraq is a wasteland. It's very odd how the evil taliban almost eradicated opium growing in Afghanistan by 2001 and now they are the world's top producer,very odd indeed,do you ever wonder why? Never mind,keep watching the news, they'll tell you what to think.Enjoy austerity,these wars cost a fortune and the corporations that benefit hardly pay any tax,that's your job!
On 11 Nov 2013 at 5:28pm NF wrote:
The Geneva Convention defines killing a defenceless prisoner of war as murder. End of discussion.
On 11 Nov 2013 at 7:02pm eyebrows wrote:
The tree huggers need to see this in context - when your mates are getting blown up without mercy and their body parts are being hung up to taunt you then you might feel a slight lack of empathy towards the enemy. The Marine did wrong - that's not up for discussion - I was just trying to explain what was going on inside his head. Allegedly...
(And yes, I have been to war but no-one died as a result of my actions)
On 11 Nov 2013 at 9:37pm Clifford wrote:
Tell us a bit more about your war eyebrows. There's something a bit pathetic about an armchair warrior calling people who believe most of our armed forces are better than murderers 'tree huggers'.

On 11 Nov 2013 at 10:36pm Tim wrote:
Clifford !!!!! As usual you have shown yourself to be an overly aggressive idiot.

On 12 Nov 2013 at 6:22pm Knoxon Cutts wrote:
That's really odd,the Afghan who got shot had just called the marine an ovrley aggressive idiot!

On 17 Nov 2013 at 1:02am AYATOLLAH HOGMANY wrote:
So would you prefer him to let the guy suffer a very painful death whilst waiting for help to arrive!

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bonfire Torches 11:132
Bonfire Torches

Invading armies are famous for "interbreeding" as you so delicately put it. I'm sure there's plenty of Norman dna as well. Please... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde