frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Maria Caulfield

On 23 Sep 2018 at 11:44pm Pickle business wrote:
Just perused Maria Caulfield’s voting history, she seems pretty deplorable.
I suppose (despite voting against human rights, for military action, for Brexit, against reforms to government, against bank regulation, for mass surveillance, against measures to prevent climate change etc), with an open mind I’d like to hear thoughts on what she’s actually done for the local community?
Is she as “self serving” as she seems?
This post isn’t necessarily anti Tory, she just strikes me as a bit of a tyrannical bigot
On 24 Sep 2018 at 5:47am Sensible wrote:
Champions the commuter after Southern Rail's continued tolerance of trade unions damaged the service; helped save music tuition in schools by backing the campaign; stridently in favour of ladies' work within the Conservative Party (vice-chair for women, she is), supports following the will of the British people in Brexit; supports the rights of the unborn child who cannot defend himself; supports our heroic armed forces and wears her poppy with pride; and elected twice with a huge and increasing majority. What's not to like? (Don't forget, Green propaganda about human-created climate change is as fake as fake news gets, and that's a fact. Parliament shouldn't waste its time following bad science.)
On 24 Sep 2018 at 6:53am John Lewis wrote:
She's the best MP we've had. (Having a proper job before becoming an MP has given her an ability to represent most people's views)
On 24 Sep 2018 at 6:58am Just Saying wrote:
The rail dispute ran for well over a year, I really wouldn’t put her down as a champion. Nothing was done to improve the situation, it was seen as setting the battleground for automating guards on every rail.
On 24 Sep 2018 at 7:34am Norman wrote:
Worst MP since Tufty.
On 24 Sep 2018 at 8:45am Ken wrote:
Ho ho ho. I think the poster calling themselves John Lewis must be a relative or something. What can one say about her? The Invisible Woman. Probably the most ineffectual MP that this constituency has ever had. Beamish and Rathbone were both useless, but our present representative has taken uselessness to a whole new level. At least Baker gave it some decent effort.
On 24 Sep 2018 at 10:03am Cynic wrote:
A list of Maria Caulfields achievements as an MP:
List ends.
On 24 Sep 2018 at 10:19am Local wrote:
Sensible I think you need a dictionary
On 24 Sep 2018 at 10:44am Clifford wrote:
John Lewis wrote: '(Having a proper job before becoming an MP has given her an ability to represent most people's views).'

How can she 'represent most people's views' when more people voted against her than for her? Tory vote 2017: 26,820. Combined Labour and Lib Dem vote: 27,372. Do those anti-Tory voters become pro-Tory overnight because she had 'a proper job'?
On 24 Sep 2018 at 11:33am Mark wrote:
Supports women by opposing reform of abortion law (because of her Catholic faith). Supports Brexit in a remain constituency. She's very representative of herself.
On 24 Sep 2018 at 12:25pm Chester Packov-Lyze wrote:
@Sensible. That was one of the funniest posts I have read on here in a long time. A career in comedy must surely follow.
On 24 Sep 2018 at 12:29pm John Lewis wrote:
A lot of the politically charged posters on here will probably have extreme views. It's highly unlikely that she will represent you.
It's ok to disagree.
Most normal people agree with her. We don't feel the need to shout about it or call people names when they disagree with us.
On 24 Sep 2018 at 1:59pm Ernie wrote:
"Most normal people agree with her".
On what evidence do you base that statement? Also, please enlighten us on what qualifies as a "normal" person.
I'm not "politically charged" in the slightest but it's obvious that our mp is as much use as a chocolate teapot.
On 24 Sep 2018 at 2:15pm Cynic wrote:
@Ernie. She's not that useful.
On 24 Sep 2018 at 2:25pm MC MP wrote:
Deplore her party and her personal politics. However, as a constituency MP I have found her to be surprisingly reactive and positive. I have no doubt her interventions helped keep my very elderly neighbours in their home when the council was trying to evict them shortly after their brother died. She did a good thing. Wouldn't make me vote for her, but you did ask.
On 24 Sep 2018 at 2:30pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Not only does she support Brexit, she seems to have allied herself with the headbangers of Moggy's Europe Research Group. She sat next to David "Thick As Mince" Davis at one of their press conferences the other day, presumably to make him look more intelligent by comparison.
Has anyone else noticed she doesn't do press interviews from Cliffe Bridge any more? Mr C-T reckons she's realised it makes her vulnerable if anyone fancies re-enacting chucking the magistrate in the Ouse.
On 24 Sep 2018 at 2:38pm Lewes Flyer wrote:
A frumpy ,bovine, brainless, brexit loving ,brassica.
On 24 Sep 2018 at 4:06pm Happiness wrote:
The momentum luvvies have woken up. Bit late even for you.
The intellectual content of your posts is astounding.
On 24 Sep 2018 at 11:03pm Clifford wrote:
John Lewis wrote: 'A lot of the politically charged posters on here will probably have extreme views.'

Presumably you mean 'views'. It does make me laugh how there are people who like to imagine that being 'moderate' or 'centre' is not as extreme as being left or right.
On 25 Sep 2018 at 5:57pm Normal person wrote:
Clifford, it was a democratic election, and Maria polled about 5000 votes more than the candidate in second place.
Lewes Flyer, stop describing yourself on this forum.
On 26 Sep 2018 at 12:51pm Ken wrote:
And I expect about 5000 voters now bitterly regret their decision.
On 2 Oct 2018 at 1:20am wrote:
A big fan of forcing women into having children they don’t want or need, and also a big fan of denying help to struggling women who were forced into raising children they didn’t want or need.
I remember a sociology teacher trying to convince us, his class, that there’s no deferential voters any more, that people don’t just vote for posh people because they think posh people are best at running the country and fully deserve all their inherited wealth and power. If we only had the Lewes Forum in those days, he wouldn’t have been so adamant.

15 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Tiled House 86:132
Lewes Tiled House

Does anyone know the owner of a ginger cat on Hamsey Crescent that wears a blue/yellow or blue/grey collar? It is quite skinny... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde