March for Europe

On 1 Jul 2016 at 10:50pm Jeff wrote:
There's a march in London tomorrow about staying in Europe
Tomorrow (Saturday) 11am Park Lane

Check it out here »
On 1 Jul 2016 at 10:51pm Jeff wrote:
Lets see if the BBC cover it
On 2 Jul 2016 at 2:41am Southstreeter wrote:
Ummmmmm didn't we just have a referendum and voted to leave the EU ?
Also we'll always be in Europe... it's a geographical thing .
On 2 Jul 2016 at 5:46am Bono wrote:
March out!
On 2 Jul 2016 at 8:32am We are out wrote:
I fear we'll end up with bremainer at the helm. Instead of spending time preparing for being out of the EU we'll waste of load of time longing for the good old days of being in the EU. We're our people, accept it and move on to something productive.
On 2 Jul 2016 at 11:51am Surf wrote:
i can't see a problem with a movement starting that would like to return to a union with other EU states,,I can see it growing as an elite make hay in this country and we move into a low wage society.
On 2 Jul 2016 at 12:39pm . wrote:
It's the EU not Europe jeff you thick troll.
On 2 Jul 2016 at 1:43pm Jef wrote:
That's a bit harsh.
Muuum, he called me a thick troll
On 2 Jul 2016 at 2:47pm endoftheouse wrote:
The chances are that only 4 out of 10 on the march today actually bothered to vote. .
On 2 Jul 2016 at 2:49pm Jif wrote:
Just sour grapes - or lemons - from the London Boys. Bankers, the lot of them.
On 2 Jul 2016 at 5:36pm overton wrote:
Can someone remind me the purpose of" having a march"?I can sell you a nice lapel badge or car sticker with " don't blame me, I voted remain" on it if you really need to virtue signal. It's cheaper and is more likely to affect someone positively than trolling along holding a poster.
Krgds
On 2 Jul 2016 at 6:53pm Marcher wrote:
I believe in democracy so long as I agree with the result.
On 2 Jul 2016 at 7:47pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
@Marcher, @Southstreeter, I think you are allowed to protest, even if you have a different opinion to the majority. For example, I think supporters of the Labour, Liberal Democrat and Green parties are allowed to demonstrate even though the Tories won the Genral Election. That's kind of the way this country works.
Those who voted Remain last week clearly knew what they were voting for - maintenance of the status quo. I would be interested to know what those who voted to leave thought they were voting for, given that the main protagonists have effectively gone into hiding, and appear to have no idea what to do next. What klnd of 'leave' are you after? Are you looking for a total cessation of all contact with the rest of the EU? So no free trade, no free movement of labour or capital? I am sure you thought this through very carefully before voting, so please feel free to set out your case, and explain how happy you are with the result.
On 2 Jul 2016 at 8:18pm Marcher wrote:
I voted remain. I accept the result. The majority voted to leave. It's called democracy.
On 2 Jul 2016 at 10:00pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
Congratulations @Marcher. I voted remain too. The problem is, that it is not at all clear what the Leavers have voted for, as I tried to set out above. Neither Johnson nor Gove have bothered to explain what happens next. The 'Leavers' have voted for a pig in a poke.
On 2 Jul 2016 at 10:00pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
As London marches go, the attendance was pretty low. I think most people have accepted the result for better or worse and are now waiting for the politicians to pull their fingers out.
On 3 Jul 2016 at 12:10am FucktheEU wrote:
A little reminder to the people of London………it's not all about you!!

On 3 Jul 2016 at 1:14pm Jonny wrote:
The main protagonists on the leave side are in hiding because they never expected leave to win. What, you mean they're actually all on the same side as the main remain protagonists Jonny? Could be!
Watch and learn how the establishment goes about fu**ing over 17 million people.

On 3 Jul 2016 at 2:50pm Lord Chynnless wrote:
It's so gratifying to watch you plebs tearing each other to pieces over whatever our media tell you to fight about. To be quite honest we don't care if you're in the EU or not, although it's much easier to lobby one parliament than lots of separate ones. Wait until we annihilate Iran then you'll really know what mass immigration means,dear Hillary has promised us that when she gets in. Don't worry about me,darlings my money is invested in the far east and I have property all over the world. Cheerio,I'm off to the club for brandy and cigars.
On 3 Jul 2016 at 3:34pm Clifford wrote:
Jeff wrote: 'Lets see if the BBC cover it.'
Jeff, the BBC always covers demonstrations the Establishment approves of. The rest it ignores while the police kettle the protestors. You see, you were marcing in support of the EU neo-liberal project favoured by Caeron, Osborne, Blair, Brown, the banks, the financial institutions, and big business. This may interest you:

Check it out here »
On 3 Jul 2016 at 6:14pm Harry wrote:
The marchers may get what they want. May is the current fav to become Tory leader. Gove has shot himself in the foot, he's out of it. On TV today May said she would invoke Article 50 "when the time was right". That could mean anything.
Quite a few commentators now saying it might not happen at all. There seems to be some question over whether anyone can invoke Art.50 without first putting it to parliament. And of course, the referendum was advisory, not legally binding, they could just ignore the whole thing.
I don't think they will though, I reckon it will be delayed. Then delayed again. And again.
Apparently there is a change to the way the House of Lords works that was agreed and is still waiting for implementation. It was agreed in 1911. Governments are very good at doing nothing when it suits them.
On 4 Jul 2016 at 3:14am wrote:
It seems a bit rum to me that Farage insisted on there being a second referendum if they lost, but all of a sudden different rules are going to be applied and nobody's allowed to complain about the majority being duped into voting for something they don't really understand.

On 4 Jul 2016 at 8:19am Jonny wrote:
Clifford, you're spot on as usual sir.

14 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Moving On parade 93:132
Moving On parade

Tom Pain wrote: 'The USA is going down the pan too.'

The US has been going down the pan since the Tet Offensive in the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like The Grange Gardens, and the way the teashop has the most odd mixture of china from the charity shops
Jojo