Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Malling Street Esso Garage

On 6 Jan 2010 at 1:20pm Old Cynic wrote:
Is open, lights on, three staff chatting in the back when I took a pint of milk to the till they said "can't do that we are closed"!!!!!No explanation! Was so stunned at the rudeness I just waked out and will NEVER bother going in three again

On 6 Jan 2010 at 4:26pm MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote:
Aye! It went down hill when they renovated the place years ago... not the same since I stopped working there!
I have experienced exactly the same as you OC, so don't take it personally.
What has annoyed me the most is the fact that the doors are open and they are in there, but won't serve. A very unusual way of providing a retail service (or not)...
I blame the introduction of COSTA and the fact that is no longer a franchise - Nick was a great manager and boss.

On 7 Jan 2010 at 12:23am SG wrote:
That's shocking. I would have just left the money on the counter and taken it, given today's conditions!
They'd probably been doing that to people all day just to be "clever". They're a bright lot in Esso...
On 7 Jan 2010 at 5:18pm william wrote:
I go into the Esso quite a lot and have had nothing but good service, the staff always seem very keen to help. the only time they wern't serving was when they were doing a shift change and had to wait 5 mins which does seem daft to stop serving for about 10 mins so the staff can change, but they were very appologetic about it.

On 9 Jan 2010 at 7:22pm Jason wrote:
I hate ESSO, I refuse to go in there. Sooooo expensive and the staff ARE rude.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes banners and crosses 58:132
Lewes banners and crosses

Classic reply Tom. No evidence of having read my post, understood it or made any attempt to respond to it. Didn't I make the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams