Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

MPs Duck house

On 22 May 2009 at 7:48pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
This made I laugh
news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8062000/8062852.stm

On 22 May 2009 at 9:07pm sam spam wrote:
maybe we should get one for pells pond!.......the ducks look a bit homeless sometimes (and foxes can swim apparently)

On 24 May 2009 at 12:44pm Pearlie wrote:
Put it on my bill......haha

On 6 Jun 2009 at 9:38pm Olivia Taylor wrote:
Hi, i'm a 13 year old school girl. My name is Olivia Taylor. Although i don't pay taxes or any sort i think it is ridicolus that you waste my mum's & dad's money on a duck house? I think you have much better things to spend the money on... than a duck house. My mum pays you money that she works hard for then you go a waste it on something for ducks, not even humans who pay you money. I think you need to get this sorted out because if you think spending over 1000 on ducks i don't think you deserve to be in there team. I think its pathetic. Goodbye & please rely because i don't understand why you would do this. Thankyou for taking the time to read my letter. Olivia Taylor.

On 7 Jun 2009 at 12:05am Cliffe Hanger wrote:
Hello Olivia. I'm not sure to whom you are addressing these comments. Sir Peter Viggers, of duck island fame, is actually the MP for Gosport. So he may not visit www.lewes.co.uk that often. If I were you, I would ask your mum and dad to focus on the fact that our national debt, as a proportion of GDP, is heading towards 100%. That is mainly thanks to the largesse of our wonderful Prime Minister, Mr Gordon Brown. Olivia you will, I'm afraid, be repaying this debt for most of your working life. 1,645 pounds for a duck island will soon seem like a drop in the ocean.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Swans in the pool 85:132
Lewes Swans in the pool

Stephen, I think that you're on the wrong thread. But you are right. Tom likes to subscribe to controversial positions. Some of... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell