Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lost: Big Dog

On 17 Jan 2010 at 7:26pm TDA wrote:
Some ladies had been befriended by a ruddy great big dog today over at the convent fields - a wolfhound or something, he had a collar and lead but no tag - they were going to report him missing. Anyone hear of an owner misplacing a wookie-sized mutt?

On 18 Jan 2010 at 9:49am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Was he brown? There's a lovely otterhound called Blue that leaves his owner a long way behind, I believe he lives in Antioch House in the bottleneck.
I first met him on boxing day a couple of years ago, he came down the High Street to watch (or join) the hunt, all on his own.

On 18 Jan 2010 at 11:03am TDA wrote:
Hmmm. Don't know much about dog breeds, have checked some pics out on google and think it was more of an irish wolfhound.
You'd know if you'd lost him!

On 18 Jan 2010 at 11:55am juju wrote:
could try looking at www.doglost.co.uk and other such sites that list missing dogs in this area. Good luck

On 18 Jan 2010 at 2:38pm AKane wrote:
Hmmm a Mischievous wolfhound nearly knocked us over recently, his name was Dominic which I thought was a great name, straight out of fraggle rock. Could be him! I'd call the local vets

On 18 Jan 2010 at 7:19pm L of L wrote:
The people who live at 1 Ham Lane have a dog that fits the description - v v large, friendly & actually a bit silly. Their owners would miss him immensely...and they are the nearest house to the convent field.
TDA - do you know where the dog is now? I can ring my friends at no. 1 to see if they've lost a dog...if you know the latest??

On 18 Jan 2010 at 9:18pm pauline wrote:
The great big dog is called Colin, he is a deerhound.
On Sunday afternoon he escaped from his garden and ran off to play in Convent Fields. He found lots of dogs to play with, especially 2 little lurchers.
The owners of the lurchers asked around and were told he lived in Ham Lane.
These lovely people brought him back to us.
He has just got a new collar and unfortunately the identity disk wasn't changed.
He has never got out before and hopefully never will again
We are very very grateful to the two people who brought him back to us and also very grateful to all you people for your concern.
Colin is none the worse for his adventure.

On 18 Jan 2010 at 9:53pm Dog Walker wrote:
What a fantastic name for a dog!
Glad he is safe and reunited with his family

On 18 Jan 2010 at 11:45pm TDA wrote:
Ah good, that's a happy ending. What a big crazy lovely dog!

On 19 Jan 2010 at 10:01am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
So glad he's back safe and sound. I love deerhounds, so I'm very jealous!

On 19 Jan 2010 at 3:12pm pauline Quinton wrote:

Colin is our second deerhound.
They are magnificent creatures, affectionate, obstinate and very lazy
They also need a king size bed, preferably yours.
We have 3 other dogs (not deerhounds), so we live as a pack of 6. The boss is a little collie cross called Bella.
We were very cosy in the snows.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Portal 74:132
Lewes Portal

Hm, I could recommend you Chameleon decorators and windows restoration This company uses vacuum-sealed double glazing technology... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare