Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lost/Forgotten Bike

On 17 May 2010 at 8:20am Saracen wrote:
Walking home from work late last night, I found a kids bike at the playground outside Malling Community centre. Rather than have it taken by the wrong person or chucked in the river, I've taken it home for safe keeping and hope to reunite it with the rightful owner. Anyone out there missing a bike?

On 17 May 2010 at 9:56am Smiler wrote:
Good on you. What color is it?

On 17 May 2010 at 10:13am Clifford wrote:
Not much to do with it - but when I was four years old and had outgrown my first tricycle my mother said let's leave it in the street so some other kid can find it and enjoy it. Something I've never forgotten.

On 17 May 2010 at 10:58am TDA wrote:
Not ours, we've retrieved both (nicked a while ago).

On 17 May 2010 at 1:50pm Mick Deacon wrote:
Thanks Saracen, That's one that won't end up in the river.

On 18 May 2010 at 6:29am Brixtonbelle wrote:
maybe you should post a notice in the playground. seems likely its owner will come back there.

On 18 May 2010 at 9:56am Saracen wrote:
Thanks folks,
Just taken a closer look. It's a black mountain bike with red forks, a bit knackered, no back break cable, rust etc (it looked better in the half light of 1am, shiny with dew!), so there is a possibility it was deliberately left. I guess it belongs to a 10 to 12 year old by the size but could be wrong.
BB - good advice, I'll do that when I pass again later in the week.

On 18 May 2010 at 1:20pm Taff wrote:
Is this what happens when cyclists go off pavement? They forget where they left thier bicycles!

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Castle from below 62:143
Lewes Castle from below

Examining the activity of the sun and assessing its influence on the earth's climate may well provide entertainment to some Tom... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell