frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Looking For Employment

On 27 Oct 2015 at 9:00am Job Seeker wrote:
Dear Lewes
I am looking for a new job and I wonder if you might have any suggestions as to a suitable position.
I have two A Levels both E Grades and I attended a North London Polytechnic for a year before failing to complete my studies.
Since that time I have worked in the Public sector where I have earnt a reputation of being uninterested in responsibility being badly dressed truculent and unable to work as part of a team.
I had no talent for sport
I have no interests
I have no ordinary social life
I have a poor sense of humour
Non drinker
Non smoker
Suffers concentration loss
Age 66

I did not want to apply for a job at all but was pushed into it but for the sake of showing willing do you think I have any chance of interesting a prospective employer ?
Thanks

PS No interested in anything other than well paid full time work with a full package of benefits
On 27 Oct 2015 at 9:12am sceptic wrote:
Sounds like you would make a good Parking warden. You certainly have all the qualifications. Good luck
On 27 Oct 2015 at 9:51am Geoff Paddle wrote:
Is that you Norman?
On 27 Oct 2015 at 10:52am sceptic wrote:
No! He"s behind you Ha Ha.
On 27 Oct 2015 at 11:11am Job Seeker wrote:
Thankyou for your help, I had better mention that I have been arrested and that I am interested in applying only for positions of high responsibility paying over 100,000 per annum .
On 27 Oct 2015 at 11:19am Metatron wrote:
How about being an MP or work in the Lords for 300 a day?
On 27 Oct 2015 at 11:39am Vlad the inhaler wrote:
Have you reached 100 aliases yet Paul? That was quite good though. I think I read the same Spectator article!
On 27 Oct 2015 at 12:13pm Job Seeker wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about Vlad the Inhaler, I merely wish to attract prospective employers with my glowing credentials.
In fact I have already been offered a trainee role at a Newhaven whelk stall not to say a recycling operative (part time unpaid ).
(ok good spot .... glad someone did )

On 27 Oct 2015 at 2:14pm Vlad the inhaler wrote:
I think you have to be in your 50's to know what a Polytechnic was!
The contrarian position is that some ideas are so stupid only very highly educated people can possibly believe them.
On 27 Oct 2015 at 7:19pm window cleaner wrote:
Have you thought about window cleaner? They get paid a massive hourly wage and they come and go as they please.

On 27 Oct 2015 at 8:23pm selfish git wrote:
I'd suggest some sort of consultancy work. The LDC are bound to be outsourcing something or other at some time soon

On 27 Oct 2015 at 8:54pm Q wrote:
You do seem extraordinarily popular for someone with no interests and no humour (popular with the ladies too I understand). Perhaps you could play on your popularity and get elected, Prime Minister even. All you need is some whacky ideas for a manifesto.

On 27 Oct 2015 at 11:08pm Mark wrote:
Have a stab at stand-up comedy, Paul. You're always easily identified cause you're just plain weird.
On 28 Oct 2015 at 12:44am Belladonna wrote:
Paul Newman is a sad attention seeker. Unoriginal and boring. Go back to reading the Daily Mail, you odious little man

On 28 Oct 2015 at 9:56am Mark wrote:
Venom stabbed out on a keyboard

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Railway Land Bridge 100:132
Railway Land Bridge

That was before this place became the mouthpiece of those that Mick Symes banned from LP more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine