Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Long stay parking in Lewes

On 6 Jan 2011 at 8:33pm Newcomer wrote:
I'm starting a new job in Lewes soon, and am considering moving to one of the villages nearby and driving into town to work each day. However, there is no parking at my new office so I would have to find a space in one of the public car parks each day. I wondered if anyone here has experience of doing this, and, if so, how easy it is?
On 6 Jan 2011 at 8:37pm mr happy wrote:
My neighbour parks at the long stay car park just past tesco. It is on the site that was due to be Aldi ? Dont know how much it is but it is supposedly far cheaper than the others.
On 6 Jan 2011 at 8:55pm Newcomer wrote:
Thanks for this - good to know it can be done!
On 6 Jan 2011 at 9:01pm MC wrote:
You can park at the Station, I think it's £5 a day.
If you move to a nearby village maybe you could think about cycling in. I am looking forward(?) to attempting this in the spring.
On 6 Jan 2011 at 9:11pm Newcomer wrote:
This is definitely something to consider, but won't be possible every day for practical reasons (ie, the amount of stuff I'll need to take with me every day!). Thanks for your help, and best of luck with the cycling yourself!
On 6 Jan 2011 at 10:39pm Grunge wrote:
I think there is a car park in North Street that charges £2 per day.
On 7 Jan 2011 at 1:37am Rookie wrote:
I use a 125cc scooter around the town. It's free to park anywhere, there are several motorbike/scooter bays, and with the top box and underseat storage it can carry a fair bit of gear. 100+ mpg and £15 a year tax. Brilliant. Except when raining.
On 7 Jan 2011 at 8:19am stevieD wrote:
Aldi car park is due to close this month I think - apparently Aldi want to build a shop...

On 7 Jan 2011 at 8:29am Vesbod wrote:
Move into Lewes and walk !!
On 7 Jan 2011 at 10:02am 'ere be monsters wrote:
There are always buses, there is a regular service from that quaint little fishing village at the mouth of The Ouse.
On 7 Jan 2011 at 2:12pm Deelite wrote:
I remember buses....
On 7 Jan 2011 at 3:33pm Vesbod wrote:
Aah yes, buses. Them were the days....
On 7 Jan 2011 at 5:48pm Newcomer wrote:
Thanks so much to you all for your help! Vesbod, your idea is my preferred solution, but it is good to know that if that doesn't work out, I clearly have many other options! Thanks again

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys 42:132
Harveys

I'm grateful for Nevillman starting this discussion and being so generous as to refer back to me. My delay in saying anything... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy