Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

On Tue 4 Dec at 2:31pm nancy wrote:
I guess this is because of the recent racist posts on here. What a shame.
On Tue 4 Dec at 2:57pm Green Sleeves wrote:
A very welcome move by webbo. Well played sir. This forum can finally be less polluted by trolls and internet goons.
On Tue 4 Dec at 4:10pm Earl of Lewess wrote:
It's a shame though, as many will just not bother commenting. Hopefully, it will mean that timewasters like Jan can be blocked.
On Tue 4 Dec at 5:25pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
It's a shame that people can't be trusted to behave in a civilised manner.
Good call, Webbo. It's sad that a local forum needs registration to stop hate speech, but I guess that's how things are these days.
On Tue 4 Dec at 5:43pm For gods sake wrote:
T
On Tue 4 Dec at 6:28pm Clifford wrote:
Good to see this has been adopted.
On Tue 4 Dec at 7:25pm Popham Blowhard wrote:
Glad to see it's happened, banter and debate will still continue.
On Tue 4 Dec at 7:25pm I didnt log in wrote:
Hmmm
On Tue 4 Dec at 7:32pm Ferret wrote:
Of course this is a step in the right direction, but it will not prevent obscene and offensive posts. It still requires the sole moderator "Webbo" to enforce his own terms and conditions to a much higher standard than previously, and a willingness to bar those who break the rules, or at least to issue warnings.
On Wed 5 Dec at 10:37am Clifford wrote:
No, Ferret, it won't stop offensive posts - that's Webbo's job - but at least the discussion will be based now on building up a consistent view of posters' attitudes. Clifford, for example, is a left-wing Brexiter, for example, with a left-libertarian world view. Not particularly interesting, but it's always good to know where we stand.
On Wed 5 Dec at 8:21pm A Person wrote:
I'm glad of it, frankly...

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Crest 65:137
Lewes Crest

Rule 6: No poofters...

This here's the wattle. The elblem of our land. You can stick it in a bottle. You can hold it in your... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington

Job search

Advertise a Job
for £10

Upload your CV