Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Local Election Odds

On 25 Mar 2014 at 10:32am Bet Fred wrote:
Green 5/2 Labour 3/1 Independant 3/1 Lib Dem 6/1 Tory 50/1 Looks a pretty open race !
On 25 Mar 2014 at 10:51am my town wrote:
No way do we want the greens to win . you only need to look at Brighton .
On 25 Mar 2014 at 11:28am The Old Mayor wrote:
The rest of Britain is watching Brighton and their jaw is on the floor ! Tourist Tax is their next great idea, that'll stop em coming.
On 25 Mar 2014 at 1:14pm tom wrote:
I voted Green every election (national and local) but what the Greens have done in Brighton is horrific. So not voting green. Hate Labour. Hate the tories too. So probably won't bother to vote.

On 25 Mar 2014 at 1:18pm Bet Fred wrote:
Someone just put a monkey on Labour @ 3/1 , odds cut to 7/4 !
On 25 Mar 2014 at 1:43pm Zebedee wrote:
What have the Greens done in Brighton that's so bad? I still have no idea.
On 25 Mar 2014 at 3:20pm Badger wrote:
Zebedee, the two 'facts' that most people come up with in answer to that question is (a) the 'disastrous' redesign of Lewes Road making it 'impossible' for people driving to Brighton to get there within a reasonable time frame, and (b) the industrial dispute with the bin men which resulted in rubbish building up throughout the city.
Very few have attempted to discuss these issues without a negative agenda towards the Greens so it's pretty hard to get the actual truth about either of them (e.g. I believe the redesign of the Lewes Road to include a bus lane might have been decided before the Greens took control of the council and across parties, but I don't know for sure).
On 25 Mar 2014 at 4:00pm Bet Fred wrote:
Latest, Lab 6/4 Independant 11/4 Green 3/1 Lib Dem 7/1 Tory 66/1
On 25 Mar 2014 at 4:05pm Tourist wrote:
Zebedee, you need to get out more. However it costs 15 to park on Brighton sea front !
On 25 Mar 2014 at 6:00pm Merlin Milner wrote:
Tom et al. Please vote.
On 25 Mar 2014 at 7:03pm Tarquin wrote:
Leave the Brighton Greens alone. they have done a fantastic job preventing people from driving their smelly cars around our city. So what if tourism is down and businesses are leaving the city in droves it means more room for us, the people of Brighton.
Look at our amazing MP Caroline Locuste, she single handedly saw off the evil Caudrilla from Balcombe. The fact that it took her a month to visit the camp and the day she chose was the well publicised day of action when all the countries media were there to see her getting deliberately arrested is neither here nor there. She is well recognized at Westminster for being the definitive Chocolate fire guard which is no mean feet when you have the likes of Norman Baker lurking in the corridors.
So leave the Brighton Greens alone and concentrate your anger on those nasty UKIP people.
On 25 Mar 2014 at 9:38pm Local wrote:
I left Brighton because of the crowds and traffic well before the Greens got in. Sounds like they might have improved the place. If I visited I'd go by train. Why would I do anything else?
On 25 Mar 2014 at 10:52pm mytown wrote:
Tarquin no way would i VOTE FOR THE GREEN PARTY
And the sort of people that do need to look at whats going on
. AND you need to stop on PICKING ON THE U K I P . because they are picking up voters
On 25 Mar 2014 at 11:18pm oh dear wrote:
My god, Tarquin's got it... it all fits... all caroline lucas and the rest of her party care about is fame and glory... career politicians the lot of them... that's why they joined that party with all the money, power and influence along with millions of votes handed to them on a plate... oh wait.
I wonder if 'my town' gets the sarcasm this time...
I've never voted green before but I will this Thursday because they are the only ones with an ounce of principle left.
On 26 Mar 2014 at 1:43pm Local Voter wrote:
2 Leaflets, canvassed and a letter! Mayhew's really going for it. Good luck! He's got my vote.
On 26 Mar 2014 at 2:41pm Going to vote wrote:
I think Graham Mayhew looks a bit shifty in his dark glasses on the election leaflet.

On 26 Mar 2014 at 4:23pm Zzz.. wrote:
The funniest thing is that 'My Town' didn't understand that 'Tarquin's Green Party drone was sarcastic... and then he says UKIP are the best! Tee he he... not wanting to further the stereotype that UKIP voters are short of the odd braincell or two.. but well, it's hard not to....

On 26 Mar 2014 at 7:27pm Bet Fred wrote:
Eve of poll odds. Labour 2/1,Independant 2/1, Green 7/2 Lib Dem 10/1 Tory 100/1.

On 27 Mar 2014 at 8:25pm belladonna wrote:
Anyone care to enlighten me which ward is having an election for which council ?

On 28 Mar 2014 at 7:31am Nevil Rook wrote:
Priory Ward, Town Council.

17 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pells Pool Perspective 97:132
Pells Pool Perspective

Sound as a pound eh? Sadly, I'm not surprised that you see no conflict of interest,you haven't been told to. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde