Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lobster

On 12 Oct 2017 at 9:53pm Conch wrote:
HOW can ANYONE eat LOBSTER???? It is sooooo cruel!!!!! The way they scream to death in boiling water!!!!!!!! HOW CAN PEOPLE ENJOY THIS?????
On 12 Oct 2017 at 10:00pm Prawn face wrote:
The screaming is air expanding and escaping from the shell not actual screaming. They die calmly as the heat rises.
On 12 Oct 2017 at 10:10pm Conch wrote:
THEY DO NOT DIE CALMLY AS THE HEAT RISES!!!!!
That is an oxymoron! Death is not calm! Are you telling me they have no nerve endings and cannot feel the boiling water? OMG it is criminal. Insane. How is it allowed to happen?
I suppose you eat LOBSTER do you?
On 12 Oct 2017 at 10:25pm Gus wrote:
Don't they put them in the freezer first? That kills off their feeling, and they will be dead before it comes back. That's what I was told anyway.
On 12 Oct 2017 at 10:30pm Thermidor anyone? wrote:
There are clear guidelines to humanely killing lobster. ~Should never be plunged conscious in boiling water. But agree with PrawnFace, its the escaping air.
Im guessing your Vegan Conch?? Why this sudden tirade against lobster may I ask? Did I miss the Lewes Surf'n'Turf Fest??
On 12 Oct 2017 at 10:37pm Conch wrote:
Gus are you seriously trying to make me feel better by telling me they get FROZEN to death in a freezer first? I cannot get my head around the barbaric cruelty involved in people eating lobsters and the fact that you all appear to think it's fine!
Thermidore you are not funny.
On 12 Oct 2017 at 10:45pm Prawn face wrote:
Nothing like having the facts and choosing to ignore them.
On 13 Oct 2017 at 2:42am Lg wrote:
Possibly you have an issue rather than everyone else. Fortunately a lobster does not think like you. A lobster has not been brought up and been indoctrinated by the likes of Walt Disney to make every type of creature so cute and cuddly.
I do dispare the way people now think about food and being so concerned about the so called feelings of animals we kill to eat. How minds have changed in such a short space of time.
Is it cruel to boil a lobster, no because a lobster is a lobster and does not think like a human they lack cognative ability. The human may think it's cruel because they have a mind that can imagine and become somewhat oversensitive rather quickly.
Plunging a lobster in boiling water is not cruel it called cooking and provides a swift death. If you find it difficult then there are option to overcome your sensitivities you could gas then, cool them or pierce then with a knife to kill them pre boil. If you still can't overcome and feel it is all too cruel then just don't eat them and become a proper true vegan but do remember that many plants might have feelings too.
Why you have the need to make others think they are cruel because they eat lobster is beyond me. Clearly you possibly haven't really thought about this properly.
If you were given a plate of lobster and did not know what it was nor came with your prediscribed view you would likely enjoy eating lobster. People enjoy eating lobster because lobster tastes good and so does crab and lots and lots of other creatures.
Being real and if you were hungry enough you would join us. You could test that therory by removing all food from your house buy a lobster and get someone to lock you both up. All you have is a lobster a pan some water and you, give it a bit of time any you will find lobster is rather nice.
Take the plunge and enjoy your lobster.
On 13 Oct 2017 at 5:49am leveller wrote:
What about the millions of fish that are hauled out of the sea and left to "drown" on the sides of boats? And those poor ickle shellfish just left to die? Just enjoy your food, i'm having fish pie tonight.
On 13 Oct 2017 at 7:42am Jester wrote:
If God didn't want us to eat animals, he shouldn't have made them out of food
On 13 Oct 2017 at 8:40am My towm wrote:
Bloody do gooders
On 13 Oct 2017 at 8:45am leveller wrote:
I'm offended....
On 13 Oct 2017 at 8:50am Conch ientious objector wrote:
I object to cattle not being stunned before slaughter. And we know who does that don't we ? Kind regards.
On 13 Oct 2017 at 9:30am The Greek wrote:
Kill it first?
On 13 Oct 2017 at 9:48am Inthegutter wrote:
@Conch ientious
Nice attempt to fan religious hatred but most animals slaughtered so that they are halal are in fact stunned (at least in the UK). There is no prohibition against stunning.

On 13 Oct 2017 at 11:32am Rightinthegutter wrote:
Yep a bit like most hunts don't catch a fox but won't stop you whinging about it .halal slaughter is a vile and unacceptable way of slaughter and if you support it you are as bad.if you want to start the racism crap fine but it's a vile practise whoever does it
On 13 Oct 2017 at 2:38pm Inthegutter wrote:
Halal slaughter without stunning is clearly worse than a combined stun/kill, with stunnig it is pretty similar. TBH I'm a vegan so I think any kind of slaughter is unacceptable.
On 13 Oct 2017 at 4:06pm Rightinthegutter wrote:
I'm sorry but the two methods aren't similar at all .the Stun method is over in 7 seconds with animal completely out of it whilst the animal killed by halal has to lie there for 20 secs bleeding out in agony sometimes cattle try to get up as they are fully aware of their surroundings.
On 13 Oct 2017 at 4:09pm Rightinthegutter wrote:
Also what I forgot to say is that we don't even have the choice whether to eat halal meat or not as most restaurants now buy it and every school in this country has to buy in halal meat for every child so they are being forced to eat it regardless
On 13 Oct 2017 at 4:17pm GrumpyOldGit wrote:
If I turn my hearing aid up I can hear the ants scream as I walk on the footpath
On 13 Oct 2017 at 8:21pm Mmmm lobster wrote:
Iím going to buy a lobster purely because of this post thanks for making me crave one

On 14 Oct 2017 at 10:33pm Lazy wrote:
I've got a lazy lob on, does that count?
On 15 Oct 2017 at 1:03pm Lopster wrote:
A lion once tried to kill a gnu
But the gnu twisted out of his grip, fell in a river and took hours to bleed out as a result of the gashes from the lion
Say a prayer for the gnu

14 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Martyrs 71:132
Lewes Martyrs

It can't have been very strong then. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT