Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes town centre

On 10 Nov 2009 at 12:07pm spongebob wrote:
Is this town getting worse for traffic or is it just me ? Every time i go into town, cars are streaming in....where do they all go? the town seems to be almost gridlocked from 8am until 6pm.

I've just had to go and pick my sick daughter up from school and i couldn't believe the amount of traffic. Mountfield rd was an absolute nightmare....and this is at 10.30am not school run time !!! People seem to be queueing to get into Tescos on a daily basis now and the high street is a constant nightmare with the delivery lorries etc.parking on double yellows.

We need an alternative entrance and/or exit to mounfield rd, we need the bigger Tescos with more parking, we need to move county hall somewhere else and we need deliveries to be between 7am and 10am or after 6pm.

Discuss

On 10 Nov 2009 at 12:10pm Sherlock wrote:
I agree it's getting worse Spongebob. Sometimes it feels as if the traffic is just going round and round in circles. But I'm not sure encouraging more traffic is the answer.

On 10 Nov 2009 at 12:15pm spongebob wrote:
I cant believe the amount of traffic that go up Friars walk...where do they all go to ?

On 10 Nov 2009 at 12:18pm Toque wrote:
"we need the bigger Tescos"

Yes, and bigger motorways and bigger cars to help take home shopping.

On 10 Nov 2009 at 12:28pm Hotlips wrote:
Sponebob.....are you feeling o.k,you have put a decent thread on without being horrible...will it last!!!!

On 10 Nov 2009 at 12:30pm spongebob wrote:
A few years ago, you could stay away from Tescos at certain times because you knew it would be busy....pension day for the blue rinses, friday afternoons, saturday midday. Now, it's heaving all the time. I don't want to start another Tescos debate, everyone knows how i feel about that but more out of town retail parks must be the way to go.

On 10 Nov 2009 at 1:12pm Common Sense wrote:
Er, it's raining... people stay dry in their cars. Comprendez?

On 10 Nov 2009 at 1:13pm MC wrote:
Has it not struck anyone that there are just too many people generally?
Everywhere is more crowded that it used to be. It's not just Lewes.

On 10 Nov 2009 at 1:42pm spongebob wrote:
It's like it every day...f***ing retard. Comprendez ?

Yeah i agree MC. I said to a friend a few weeks back that if you need to go out at the weekend, you really need to be out before 9 and back home by 10.30 to beat any traffic.

So what's the answer...build more towns ? Don't forget that only 7% of this country is built on.

On 10 Nov 2009 at 2:26pm huw wrote:
I suppose West Ham could sell of Upton Park for housing, got to be better than what it's being used for at the moment.
Then there'd be more room for the DFLs to stay up there.

*sits back and waits*

On 10 Nov 2009 at 2:52pm spartacus wrote:
but then they wouldn't be DFLs... they would be SILs, and we couldn't blame them for everything.

On 10 Nov 2009 at 2:53pm Yawn wrote:
Spongebob, you might want to check the posting terms too, and then stop calling people 'f@@king retards" after all, it does make you seem, well, a little bit...'retarded'
Thank you.

On 10 Nov 2009 at 3:41pm spongebob wrote:
Yawn, i'll politely tell you to go forth and multiply. If everyone stuck to the posting terms on here, there'd be no one posting. Back to the bottom of your pond Yawn

Thank you too

On 10 Nov 2009 at 3:42pm Queend English wrote:
Spongebrain: Do you allow your kids to use such foul language?

On 10 Nov 2009 at 3:43pm opps Queens English wrote:
Tee hee

On 10 Nov 2009 at 3:44pm oops Queens English wrote:

On 10 Nov 2009 at 4:04pm Common Sense wrote:
So there is definitely no more traffic today? Even though it's been heavily raining Bobspants? Are you a traffic counter with a clipboard?

On 10 Nov 2009 at 4:21pm yawn wrote:
Shaky ground Spongebob.

On 10 Nov 2009 at 4:38pm I dont live in lewes wrote:
Come come now children don't let's get stressed & squabble over such a minor detail as a little bit of traffic.
ESCC & LDC have it all under control plus your happiness & welfare is paramount to them.
Just do as they say, put up and shut up and it'll all be dandy.
PhilX

On 10 Nov 2009 at 5:53pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
If they moved county hall and built a Sainsburys on the county hall site, there'd be less trafic as everyone at the western end of town could go to a supermarket or fill their cars up with petrol without crossing the town centre.

On 10 Nov 2009 at 6:30pm spongebob wrote:
Thank you yawn...i'm s****ing myself.

ATC....best suggestion on here for years

On 10 Nov 2009 at 7:08pm spongebob wrote:
isn't it amaizing how these threads turn into this lovely binfest...this particular time caused by the thickton "Common sense" I make no appologies for having a go back but some of you are so obsessed with me it's unbelievable.

if you want to be sarky, you'll get it back with both barrels.

Thank me later my lovelies

On 10 Nov 2009 at 7:18pm yawn wrote:
Spongebob. I'm not sure why you are stroking yourself but it makes sense.
Those posting terms are for your benefit as much as everyone elses, so try respecting them, and sticking to them.
Bye bye.

On 10 Nov 2009 at 7:23pm spongebob wrote:
Yawn...you're boring me now. Have you got anything constructive to add to the thread as i can see the only reason you're here is to have a go at me.

If you haven't got anything to bring to the forum, my first comment to you above at 15.41 still applies.

Now, about this traffic............

On 10 Nov 2009 at 7:23pm Hotlips wrote:
Yawn...you are asking a lot for Spongebob to respect the terms....

On 11 Nov 2009 at 9:15am Hydrangea Lad wrote:
Spunkbib. When it rains, more people use their cars; this is because the rain cannot get to them, what with the windows and roof and stuff. It was raining yesterday, and you started this thread ... er, yesterday.

I find this town a pleasure to drive in. So it gets a little bit busier when it rains .... ah well.

On 11 Nov 2009 at 9:21am spongebob wrote:
Hydrangea poof, Read my other posts....er, it is like it all of the time, not just when it rains...should've gone to specsavers pal.

On 11 Nov 2009 at 10:13am Hydrangea Lad wrote:
"Hydrangea poof"?

I see you are a member of the debating society, lol. Well done.

On 11 Nov 2009 at 10:29am Dave wrote:
Why does every thread that Spongebob is involved in have to degenerate into childish playground name calling?

It was amusing at first but its is getting a bit boring now.

How about we have a thread telling each other what we admire about the others posts and points of view?

Ok, I'll get my coat

On 11 Nov 2009 at 10:42am Hydrangea Lad wrote:
Quite right Dave, I've resorted to name calling already and I've only been on here a minute. I think it's Spongebob's unbending belief that he is right, plus his resorting to personal insults that drags you down. Sorry SB. But you could learn how to admit you might be a bit wrong though?

On 11 Nov 2009 at 11:30am spongebob wrote:
I started a perfectly decent debate. There was some decent replies. Then the poster "common sense" decided to get all cocky. "yawn" then decided on a personal attack on me without provacation whilst adding noting to the thread at all and now hydrangea nonce has started.

Anyone else wants to have a pop, please feel free to do so but expect to get it back with both barrels. Of course, you could just return to the thread topic that other, decent posters have kindly contributed to.

On 11 Nov 2009 at 11:37am Sherlock wrote:
Quite right Spongebob. I tried to follow your sensible opening post with a response of my own. It's a pity things didn't continue that way.

On 11 Nov 2009 at 1:50pm spongebob wrote:
Just got back from town. Lovely day, sun is shining, birds are singing, cars are queueing to get into Tescos garage and the car park is heaving. Cars piling into the town from all directions AND NOT A RAINDROP TO BE SEEN.

On 11 Nov 2009 at 2:19pm Hydrangea Lad wrote:
Oh well.

On 12 Nov 2009 at 9:53am I dont live in lewes... wrote:
Seaford, Lovely day, sun is shining, birds are singing, no traffic queues, park where you want within reason.
PhilX

2 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Arms Penny 56:132
Lewes Arms Penny

Of course they won't, what did they do about the protests in London a while back? Treated them with kid gloves, no kettling, no... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa