Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes spring water

On 13 Jan 2019 at 2:14pm Hugh Janus wrote:
I know where a spring is in Lewes where the water comes straight out the chalk, its been there since i was a child, thinking i may capitalise on it, do you think it would sell?
On 13 Jan 2019 at 11:45pm wanderer wrote:
So do most people,so why think cash and spoil the area even more with a bottling thing producing more plastic water bottles.
On 14 Jan 2019 at 1:54pm JillG wrote:
All our Lewes tap-water comes out of the chalk below us, through boreholes drilled down into the aquifer which holds the rainwater that falls. There are some private boreholes, e.g. the Linklater Pavilion has its own water. The aquifer (including your spring) does suffer from pollution from e.g. nitrates from farmers' fertiliser (the chalk soil is very thin so unfortunately sometimes they have to fertilise).
But I agree with @wanderer - let's stop drinking bottled water! Expensive, plastic-using and potentially litter-causing and ocean-damaging, plus all that trucking around. Tap-water is typically less contaminated than bottled water (see link). I do agree that Lewes water smells of chlorine, but if you let it stand for a couple of hours the smell goes.
Sorry to spoil your dream of becoming rich.......

Check it out here »
On 14 Jan 2019 at 1:56pm Blatant Liar wrote:
Landport woods
Hardly a secret
On 15 Jan 2019 at 11:55am Decent Citizen 1 wrote:
Del Boy and Rodney tried that Hugh Janus lol. Peckham Spring!
On 15 Jan 2019 at 4:36pm Hugh Janus wrote:
Not landport woods either, however i would employ local people and re invest in Lewes and when i earn big bucks i will become a philanthropist and give big donations to local charities. Thankyou
On 15 Jan 2019 at 7:46pm Dave wrote:
There’s a few along the north face of the downs within walking distance.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Homeward bound 44:132
Homeward bound

I don't understand what you mean by "I don't understand". more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like it when people find lost stuff on the forum