Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes recycling

On 18 Apr 2018 at 9:30am Ironic wrote:
It's amazing isn't it. I've spent years getting really fed up with the recycling service because the recycling men have refused to take my black boxes if there was just 1 item in the wrong box. Years of coming home to find full, un-emptied boxes outside my house, with my elderly neighbour telling me: "they refused to take your boxes because there was a milk carton in with the tins". Which led to me throwing away anything that could be recycled for the next 2 weeks until they came again because the boxes were full. Time and again thank be argued with them over it. Could they not just remove the 1 thing that's in the wrong bin? It's been put there by my teenage son by mistake? You're penalising us for trying to recycle when sometimes my son puts something in the wrong box? I got told it HAS to be sorted in to categories.
And now, after all this, I'm told everything can all go in together in to one bin???
On 18 Apr 2018 at 9:33am Lunatic Les wrote:
Never bothered with it
Canít see why they canít sort it all out their end
On 18 Apr 2018 at 9:48am Rooks Fan wrote:
I have occasionally put a wrong item, such as a juice carton, in the bins. But they still empty them. They just leave the offending item in the box. Nothing but praise for them from me.
On 18 Apr 2018 at 9:49am Tom wrote:
Advances in technology/practices are a wonderful thing
On 18 Apr 2018 at 9:58am Ironic wrote:
Why would you praise them for leaving the offending item in the box?! Couldn't they have still taken it? They have been petty to the extreme in my opinion and your account proves their pettiness!!
On 18 Apr 2018 at 9:58am Fruitfly wrote:
What Rooks Fan said.
On 18 Apr 2018 at 10:55am Wealden and H***sham wrote:
They've been doing a proper job here for years.
On 18 Apr 2018 at 11:49am Peter wrote:
Oh my goodness, what a tale of woe. How terribly dreadful. What are you going to do when something serious happens?
On 18 Apr 2018 at 12:22pm Eric wrote:
Ironic. You sound like another of the typical miserable b*stards just out to find fault with everyone and everything.
On 18 Apr 2018 at 1:44pm Local wrote:
I agree this is silly.
On 18 Apr 2018 at 1:57pm Earl of Lewess wrote:
@Ironic - Let me get this straight - you were annoyed about the inflexibility of the old system and now that they've improved it, you're annoyed about that too? There's no pleasing some people. Obviously it won't suit those who have poor access - terraced houses etc, but I love it. I can now add tins, cans, ready meal trays, paper and yoghurt pots. Well done to all concerned.
On 18 Apr 2018 at 3:31pm @eol wrote:
Hence the name ironic?
On 18 Apr 2018 at 3:44pm @EoL wrote:
Hence the misspelling @eol
On 18 Apr 2018 at 7:00pm Ironic wrote:
Earl of Lewess, that's my point isn't it.
The fact that it's now all being chucked in together.
Which means surely it always could've been checked in together and that there was no need for their OCD approach to refusing to take recycling if something was put in to the wrong box.
On 18 Apr 2018 at 8:02pm Clifford wrote:
Yes, it's wonderful - we pay more and more in council tax and then the council outsources the work to us while the people at the top pay themselves higher and higher wages while making the people who actually do the work redundant.
On 18 Apr 2018 at 10:59pm money money money wrote:
I loaded up 10 bins in my van today that where left outside houses, flats etc,got the names off , will sell for £10 each tomorrow , thankyou
On 18 Apr 2018 at 11:05pm Re-cycle wrote:
Could it be that the council tax rise will help fund a better recycling service? Imagine... you pay a bit extra and something improves. Still, any excuse for a moan though, eh?
On 19 Apr 2018 at 12:11pm @Re-cycle wrote:
Or more to the point the service is being downgraded... You get a big recycling bin as refuse collection is going to fortnightly.
Imagine... you pay a bit extra and services are reduced (welcome to Lewes). Still, any excuse to accuse people of moaning?
On 20 Apr 2018 at 8:12am Plasticman wrote:
They are changing the system of collection. Get over it.

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

River Wharfs Lewes 101:132
River Wharfs Lewes

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare