Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes on BBC radio 4

On 25 Sep 2012 at 7:59am RADIO 4 PIRATE wrote:
YARGH! So it was!

On 25 Sep 2012 at 11:38am Clifford wrote:
And it really was funny - a credit to the town.

Check it out here »

On 25 Sep 2012 at 12:26pm Southover Queen wrote:
Haha! Indeed it was! (My father knew Lloyd George! Did he? Nah, I didn't even know my father)

Excellent! All credit to our feisty senior citizens taking Sarah Montague for a quick canter and definitely coming out in front!

On 26 Sep 2012 at 8:33am Deelite wrote:
You don't think Lewes came across as 'a bit yokel' then?

On 26 Sep 2012 at 8:57am Clifford wrote:
Deelite - I thought it came across as a town finding it quite easy to wind up the BBC.

On 26 Sep 2012 at 9:11am the old mayor wrote:
How can anyone really feel sorry for Nick Clegg !! He really is a career politician, how else would he ever had got this opportunity again ? The chance of 'power' money and fame ? Both Cameron and Clegg both knew they had to grab it as a once in a life-time opportunity that it really was for THEM , not the country. We end up stuck with an ineffective government Can you only imagine him as Prime Minister ? Cameron's not much better, but at least he's been on the media grooming course and has a modicum of gravitas !! They really are a bunch of 'on the job trainees' ! Dont even get me started on Theresa May ( Didn't she used to work in a shoe shop ! )

On 26 Sep 2012 at 9:30am Deelite wrote:
A hung parliament would have been much more ineffective.
On 26 Sep 2012 at 10:40am Pete wrote:
What an embarrassment - no wonder you vote Baker in haha you get the mp and government you deserve I am afraid

On 27 Sep 2012 at 6:24am POLITICAL PIRATE wrote:
YARGH! I prefer a WELL hung parliament. OOAARGH!

On 27 Sep 2012 at 12:44pm PLUMPTON LAD wrote:
Also noted the support for Norman Baker as the local MP, and the conclusion that Lewes is very likely set to stick with the Lib Dems.

On 27 Sep 2012 at 1:44pm brixtonbelle wrote:
Apart from the old ladies they all sounded very wishy washy. Which being Lib Dems, they would be. Lucky old Norman Baker, not having to face a boundary review, I reckon he's pretty safe, now.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Barbican Lewes 7:132
Barbican Lewes

Tom, you sound like those passionate Corbynistas who labelled everyone who didn't support their beloved Jeremy as a pink Tory. I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy