Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes is becoming more like Royston Vasey..

On 3 Jun 2010 at 8:16am Treacle wrote:
Hello locals!
Have you noticed how a little bit of sun brings out the weird and wonderful locals of Lewes?
Yesterday I happened to be walking through the town centre minding my own business, when I noticed a man with a limp and a crooked hand (at first I thought it was a hook) swearing and scowling under his baseball cap. I continued on my merry way, and whilst waiting for the bus a rather scruffy lady began making horse noises and laughing in my direction.
Is Lewes turning into Royston Vasey?

On 3 Jun 2010 at 8:26am me wrote:
Don't think you can beat the odd Japanese fella who lived in the photo booth at the train station for a while in the 90's. He had a really eclectic set of photos of planes, ships and general war. He was generally only too happy to show you if asked. I can't imagine many people who haven't heard of HK Dave or more precisely the smell of HK Dave.

On 3 Jun 2010 at 8:31am Treacle wrote:
I missed that treat! I have seen the wonderous dancing of IDM and heard shouty man belt one out though. Its great fee entertainment!

On 3 Jun 2010 at 10:38am me wrote:
Both indeed living with a church going alcoholic who has an ability to shout thank god at random times throughout the day :|

On 3 Jun 2010 at 1:55pm spang wrote:
With so many local shops for local people, could it become any more like Royston Vasey?

On 3 Jun 2010 at 4:03pm me wrote:
Sortof inverse Royston Vasey. Local shops for non-local people
On 3 Jun 2010 at 4:11pm Hell's Belle wrote:
Well the 'local shop' was inspired by a shop in Rottingdean! The memorial in Royston Vasey does bear a striking similarity to ours in Lewes don't you think?!

On 4 Jun 2010 at 12:56am Treacle wrote:
I may develop a love of pens..pens=friends.
Pens are just like men, they dont work you shake them.
If they still dont work you bin them.
Hells's Bells youre right! actually thats quite scary..I can imagine a satanic meeting held around it. Imagine all the local folk in their black capes *shudders*

On 4 Jun 2010 at 8:11am Clifford wrote:
Scratch the surface and we're all a bit Royston Vasey - except for me of course.

On 4 Jun 2010 at 10:42am Tubbs wrote:
Then there is nothing for you hear !

On 4 Jun 2010 at 8:44pm Treacle wrote:
I didnt kill him....

On 7 Jun 2010 at 12:50pm Tubbs wrote:
Can't believe I spelt 'here' wrong. Also can't believe none of the spelling pedants pulled me up on it !!
On 8 Jun 2010 at 8:24am Treacle wrote:
It ok Tubbs this is a local thread for local typing errors.. we are all friends here x

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Burning Crosses 16:132
Burning Crosses

Hello. I was also recently looking for the perfect place for a photo shoot. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams