Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes dwyle flunkers on Al Murray TV show

On 15 Jun 2011 at 10:12am Julia Squeezer wrote:
You might be happier not knowing about this, but there are some familiar faces here. The programme was 'Compete for the Meat' broadcast on Dave last Thursday.

Watch the video »

On 15 Jun 2011 at 2:18pm Julia Squeezer wrote:
Bother, the link appears not to work. Here's an edited version of the YouTube link: h++p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgs0a9QiDbA

On 15 Jun 2011 at 2:19pm Ex Flunker wrote:
I have not partaken of this sport for quite a few years, but used to quite regularly back in the early 90's. When was it that the 'rural' dress code was replaced by what can only be described as Worzel Gummidge wearing clown's make up and wearing numerous pieces of assorted hedge? Have these people no dignity?

On 15 Jun 2011 at 5:08pm Julia Squeezer wrote:
No, of course not. If we all wore wax jackets and green wellies we'd look like DFLs. Anyway, our favoured boutiques, Ingrams and Man At Culverwells, closed years ago. You ought to approve of the coat made of twenty Harveys bar towels, however.

On 15 Jun 2011 at 6:40pm oldflunker wrote:
Think you will find that the term DFL's had not been invented in the 90s's

On 15 Jun 2011 at 6:40pm oldflunker wrote:
Think you will find that the term DFL's had not been invented in the 90s's

On 17 Jun 2011 at 9:14am Julia Squeezer wrote:
Having been involved in Lewes dwyle flunking as a musician since John Owen introduced it in the early 1980s, I can confirm that the dress code has evolved over the years from the original requirement of string round the trousers, straw hat, waistcoat and neckerchief into something more elaborate. There is a kit inspection before every match and points are awarded or deducted for good or poor turnout.
The scoring system has evolved even further. Points are deducted for hesitation and intimidation. Teams can gain points by bribing the umpire and the band with drink, sexual favours and scented candles, the bribes being declared to the scorer and formally recorded.
The game had to be greatly simplified for the TV broadcast; it is to the true sport what 20:20 cricket is to a Test match.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Dripping Pan View 34:132
Dripping Pan View

Well it looks as if I can jet off soon , none of the loud mouths with nothing behind them have anything to say, all piss and wind... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare