Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes developments

On 17 Sep 2014 at 1:01pm Mystic Pizza wrote:
Excellent article that makes it clear why we all need to keep an eye on large-scale building developments in Lewes.

Check it out here »
On 17 Sep 2014 at 1:38pm Embrace the future wrote:
Mmmmm me thinks that people just don't like change and progress , combined with a lot of people's jealousy of others wealth will always lead to scaremongering articles like that and narrow minded opinions .
On 17 Sep 2014 at 2:08pm bastian wrote:
I'm not jealous of peoples wealth, but I am always suspicious of how they got their wealth-through honest hard work and bright ideas, or off teh backs of the very badly paid in exchange for their capable labour. Very british of me to think like that, our history books are littered with experience of how the suoper rich get rich. It's pretty dirty.
On 17 Sep 2014 at 4:36pm Clifford wrote:
People who immediately resort to the 'you're just jealous' argument simply reveal their own motivation in life.
On 17 Sep 2014 at 6:51pm Embrace the future wrote:
Clifford actually commend people who've built successful businesses and unfortunately for most of us that involves people working for them enabling their profits to rise . Is it wrong to have employers who pay employees ? I for one have been happy working for other people as long as they pay me and treat me fairly and a good employee I'm sure is happy to see the company they work for becoming more successful.
On 17 Sep 2014 at 7:16pm One thing and another wrote:
It`s one thing building a successful business. It`s another thing taking over swathes of a city - and driving people dfl

On 17 Sep 2014 at 10:21pm Embrace the future wrote:
City ? Sorry I thought the original post was about Lewes , my mistake . And wouldn't it be nice to improve an ugly area and provide more much needed homes .

On 17 Sep 2014 at 10:39pm One thing and another wrote:
Mystic Pizza`s link - causes DFL`s
On 17 Sep 2014 at 11:00pm Historian wrote:
just like Cannon O'Connell building eh ? 5 years later.....

On 27 Sep 2014 at 3:28pm Dorota26 wrote:
The soft furniture becomes lower and more volume. The size of sittings, backs and armrests increases. The shapes of armchairs and sofas aspire to comfort and functionality.

Check it out here »

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Crest 66:132
Lewes Crest

In the week before lockdown, central government gave local councils several million pounds to enable councils to put all homeless... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy