Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes depot dunkirk

On 1 Aug 2017 at 5:26pm Butch wrote:
Just taken my grandson to watch Dunkirk at the depot and although I was cynical about the cinema I thought it was a fantastic experience. Comfy seats plenty of leg room superb sound system .all in all a great experience I would recommend.
On 1 Aug 2017 at 5:48pm Sera wrote:
Agree! Best thing in Lewes by far! Everything seems boring compared to the cafe / bar in Lewes now!
On 1 Aug 2017 at 6:43pm Vet wrote:
It's like D Day trying to get a drink
On 1 Aug 2017 at 8:06pm No Queue wrote:
I went to see Dunkirk, we got there 15 mins before the film started. There was one person ahead in the queue for the bar and we waited a couple of minutes. All very nice and relaxed. Maybe people experiencing long waits are arriving at the last minute?
On 1 Aug 2017 at 8:25pm Dick wrote:
Yes you need to arrive in plenty of time. I was there tonight and everyone arrived with minutes to spare and expect to be instantly served. Does that happen in any busy venue ? There are no ads. Why were you cynical Butch (and why are you called Butch ? )
On 1 Aug 2017 at 8:48pm Earl of Lewess wrote:
And the genius thing about the seats is that even if a tall person sits in front of you, their head still doesn't get in the way. Goodbye Cineworld!
On 1 Aug 2017 at 9:38pm White Lewes wrote:
While the Depot was being built/redeveloped, some artist painted a wall of people watching movies, down the side from the chemist, all the faces were white , Arsenal did this years ago at their old stadium, and some one had to go paint a few of the white faces black, just goes to show how some people see the world.
On 1 Aug 2017 at 10:17pm Local wrote:
Think you'll find all the faces were black, as the figures were in sihouette.
On 2 Aug 2017 at 10:16am ClarifiedButler wrote:
The whole no ads thing baffles me slightly. If it is some ideological thing (which it must be) it's a rather self-indulgent one and a bit daft.
On 2 Aug 2017 at 10:42am Huh? wrote:
There are trailers for other films but no commercial ads. Do you really want ads? I certainly don't.
On 2 Aug 2017 at 11:18am Plebian wrote:
Babababababa. Babababababab.........ba!
On 2 Aug 2017 at 12:30pm ClarifiedButler wrote:
I'd rather they made the entry fee a little cheaper and had a few adverts yes. Or they could use the money to improve the website which is pretty half-rate at the moment. They could show just a couple of ads and/or ads from companies that don't offend their precious right on ethics. Either way, denying yourself this revenue stream completely seems silly.
On 2 Aug 2017 at 12:40pm Pearl + Dean wrote:
Well said Plebian
On 2 Aug 2017 at 12:45pm ClarifiedButler wrote:
So far this just seems like a group of wealthy people playing at running a cinema. I'll enjoy it while it lasts...it would last a lot longer if there sorted out the food and had a few adverts.
On 2 Aug 2017 at 2:21pm Earl of Lewess wrote:
I can't believe that someone is actually complaining about the lack of ads! Who wants to waste half an hour looking at car ads? The Depot is the perfect cinema (bar excepted) with comfortable seats, a great view, top notch technical equipment and a relatively quiet audience. To dismiss years as careful planning and hard work as a rich people's plaything is mean-spirited, to put it mildly. It was funded by private wealth, but so we're most of our great galleries, museums and public libraries. It's called philanthropy. When someone tries to do something positive for the people of this town, at least show them some respect.
On 2 Aug 2017 at 9:46pm Huh? wrote:
@clarifiedbutler. You said "I'd rather they made the entry fee a little cheaper"
What? Have you really not got it yet? Depot prices are lower than any other cinema. Stop being an arse.

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bonfire Torches 11:132
Bonfire Torches

90% of the adult population have had 1 vaccine already in the UK, with around 82% double dosed. It would come as no surprise that... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy