Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes STEM club help

On 11 May 2016 at 5:19am A Parent wrote:
Since the Electronics thread risks dropping off the screen, just wanted to offer my help in any Lewes STEM activity. I feel very strongly that far more should be done to stimulate and deepen interest from a young age. I'm in full-time work but Merlin / Stephen, please contact me on Tempinlewes at yahoo dot com and maybe I can do something to help. Thank you.
On 11 May 2016 at 8:28am stephenwilkins wrote:
Cheers!
In terms of a STEM club there are a whole load of issues that arise (venue, child protection, etc.) which I don't think we're currently set-up to deal with. Ideally, we'd run something with a school in Lewes.

On 11 May 2016 at 11:10pm STEM Sussex wrote:
Parent – your enthusiasm needed to inspire the engineers and scientists of the future!
Volunteers who work in STEM can register as STEM Ambassadors – and are then able to support STEM Clubs and lessons in primary and secondary schools. There are nearly 1000 STEM Ambassadors in Sussex but still not enough to meet the demand from schools.
Volunteers get a free DBS, an induction and activity insurance.
We all enjoyed Lewes STEMfest this year – let’s hope that we can grow it next year to include more events and activities. And encourage young people to keep their options open by studying the STEM subjects.

Check it out here »

On 20 May 2016 at 7:13pm STEM Ambassador wrote:
I'm a registered STEM Ambassador coming back from uni to Lewes in July and I'd be happy to volunteer my time as well! I have lots of safety training in addition to this so no worries there

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Arms Lads 55:132
Lewes Arms Lads

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy