Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes STEM Fair

On 20 Apr 2017 at 8:54am No more politics wrote:
In an effort to disengage this forum from political shouting... what's this STEM fair (advertised in the tourist info) about? Is it just for kids?
On 20 Apr 2017 at 9:04am Hot Lips wrote:
It is to get kids interested in science. This is good! I assume parents are welcome as well as kids. They have a facebook page for more info.
On 20 Apr 2017 at 10:17am Earl wrote:
I took my son to last year's. It's a sort of science fair, with a dozen or so stalls that do hands-on experiments that children can participate in. The volunteers were very keen and helpful. It's free, I think, and deserves to be supported.
On 20 Apr 2017 at 10:35am Pedro wrote:
*yawn* how is everyone doing with their spud yields this season?
On 20 Apr 2017 at 10:58am Hot Lips wrote:
You are not funny. Attention seeker.
On 20 Apr 2017 at 11:04am Pedro wrote:
Oh no, I'm unfunny and an attention seeker. This doesn't bode well.

I'll stop using the lewes forum trolls' jokes in future. I thought the "Potato" jokes were a massive hit amongst them. Must be the way I tell them.
On 20 Apr 2017 at 11:22am Hot Lips wrote:
Why don't you highjack/derail one of the many politics threads started by trolls rather than the one local thread?
On 20 Apr 2017 at 11:32am Pedro wrote:
The political "trolls" don't bother me as much as they do you. I find the clowns who incessantly complain about the state of the forum (and literally nothing else) to be far more worthy of my attention and find engaging with them far more amusing.

Its all a bit of a joke though. The hostility/bitterness people have towards others, is laughable, as its ultimately such a waste of energy. This forum has only a theoretical limit of data/threads/posts, and it will never likely be reached, so there is plenty of room for everyone to co-exist. This isn't some sort of illegal occupation we're talking about here....so less of the petty indignation.
On 20 Apr 2017 at 12:19pm Local Housewife wrote:
How can I get the unsightly stains out of my husbands underpants?
On 20 Apr 2017 at 12:24pm Hot Lips wrote:
Here is their website for those interested!!

Check it out here »
On 20 Apr 2017 at 12:59pm Local smallholder wrote:
Somebody has set alight to my hen house and now my cock is is on fire!
On 20 Apr 2017 at 3:40pm We'vehadourfun wrote:
King of the forum, your arrogance is shinning brightly today. Not only have you ruined another thread you didn't even use an original line. You sad little man.
On 20 Apr 2017 at 4:55pm foiled again. wrote:
L.H. if they're front stains. he is playing away!! rear ones? good strong wash....
On 20 Apr 2017 at 4:56pm Pedro wrote:
You give in too easily. This thread has 24 posts left. To say its ruined is a slight exaggeration, plus the OP I'm sure knew there would be a little bit of deviation given the mildly provocative unregistered name and opening sentence. Relax, talk about the fair instead if thats your interest.
On 20 Apr 2017 at 5:01pm LewesSTEMFair wrote:
@No more...

There is a range of activities/exhibits from lots of different groups (including the Universities and local groups) and hopefully there is something for almost everyone (from age 4/5 to adults).
As others have mentioned it's completely free. This year we got money from the British Science Association, a couple of the research councils, and from Lewes Town Council, and had some donations from last year. Most of the activity providers don't get any support from us directly.

If anyone is interested in helping in the future (we're all volunteers) do drop an email to the address.
On 20 Apr 2017 at 6:28pm LewesSTEMFair wrote:
To stress this a bit more - our funding (which keeps the event free) is somewhat dependent on getting lots of people. So, even if you don't have kids, please do drop by even if it's for 10 minutes!
On 20 Apr 2017 at 7:36pm Adele wrote:
Can you imagine a hall full of Lewes kids ?
On 20 Apr 2017 at 10:04pm Earl wrote:
Right, I'll pop in again. It's a pity that a rare, positive thread was temporarily sabotaged early on, but at least we're back on track. STEM is a really important inititaive and it would be very sad if it floundered due to public apathy.

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Baxters Print Works Lewes 8:132
Baxters Print Works Lewes

I suggest that you look up the meaning of snide Nev. I think I'm quite openly abusive, there's nothing hidden or sly about it. If... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If you lend someone £20 and don't see them again it was probably worth it.
Dan