Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes Residents Guide 2013

On 24 Sep 2013 at 4:23pm Earl of De Montfort wrote:
Had one of these popped through the door the other day. Deary me, what a load of dross. Not only was it written by whom I gather is a dyslexic intern, it was published by a Kent company with absolutely zero design / layout skills.
Who signed this collection of poorly scripted pages off? Why wasn't it created / designed / printed by a Lewes company? What purpose does it serve? Couldn't the Viva Lewes lot have gotten involved?

On 24 Sep 2013 at 4:27pm Very rude wrote:
Mine went straight into recycling...waste of money..eegits

On 24 Sep 2013 at 4:50pm Metatron wrote:
Is there a Lewes Printing company then....

On 25 Sep 2013 at 5:51am Zebedee wrote:
Oh yes, the aptly named Lewes Print Centre in Station Street (but you knew that, didn't you?)

On 25 Sep 2013 at 7:49am Earl of Lewes wrote:
The Kent company is one of several that produce these for towns across the country. They must have been the lowest bidder. It's a pity that the result is a collection of adverts with a few fairly uninformative 'articles' that read as if they were cobbled together by a bored intern. I found a guide from ten years ago in a drawer and it was much better.

On 25 Sep 2013 at 12:47pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
and sadly... still up to date.

On 25 Sep 2013 at 3:30pm Grandpa wrote:
EofL: "gotten" = low form of usage, even in The States! I'm surprised at you, with your earldom an' all!

On 25 Sep 2013 at 7:39pm Metatron wrote:
Earl of Lewes, the job probably went to a Print Broker or "Farmer".
These people don't have staff or machinery or to have to invest in technology but place the work to the lowest bidder, often it goes offshore.
The Print Farmer then makes more profit than the printer.
The net result is Printers out of business, hence no Printers in Lewes!!!!

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

commercial square badge 30:132
commercial square badge

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell