Lewes Forum New message

Lewes Prison Whistleblower threatened with sack

On 21 Oct 2014 at 6:57pm NF wrote:
Prison whistleblowers in England and Wales being threatened with dismissal

Check it out here »

On 21 Oct 2014 at 7:13pm NHS wrote:
not much different here
On 21 Oct 2014 at 7:14pm Fairmeadow wrote:
Any senior officer in any public service who initiates disciplinary action against a staff member for revealing to the public (i.e. the shareholders) true information about the service for which they are responsible, or who signs a gagging clause in a compromise agreement to silence an employee being bullied out of their job, can be assumed to be managing their service incompetently, for their own benefit rather than for the public benefit. They should be presumed to be admitting incompetence unless they can demonstrate otherwise.

On 21 Oct 2014 at 7:31pm Bullies galore wrote:
Agree entirely NHS. My experience is of NHS management is in East Sussex, where bullying of junior staff by line managers, and of senior managers by regional and national officials, appears to be completely routine. I have no reason to think this is not the national NHS culture, and the Staffs examples are entirely in line with local experience. Managers at all levels are scared they will be the next to be picked on, and their fears are entirely rational. The blame culture starts right at the top in the Ministry of Health and percolates all the way down. When anything goes wrong (as it will in such a huge organisation with a million employees) management attention is entirely focused on finding a suitable scapegoat (and making sure it isn't them). Sussex NHS organisations have wasted millions getting rid of reasonably competent staff at all levels. Presumably people enter the NHS with the best of intentions, but the bullying culture set from Whitehall percolates right down to ward level, and explains how many staff are demoralised. Remember Baby P, Ed Balls and Sharon Shoesmith? Bad news in the press, so the top testicle's first priority was to make sure a suitable scapegoat was found onto whom the blame could be diverted. Who noticed when, years later, a court found the scapegoat a scapegoat, and ordered hundreds of thousands of public money to be paid to her in compensation.
On 21 Oct 2014 at 7:42pm educating Rita wrote:
Same in schools; in my experience there's a terrible bullying of staff and scapegoating. I certainly remember Sharon Shoesmith and the outrageous off the wall behaviour by Balls.

On 21 Oct 2014 at 9:47pm AF wrote:
Get into the murky world of private 'care' homes. Whistleblowing about abuse here has massive repercussions.

On 21 Oct 2014 at 9:57pm educating Rita wrote:
Carers for the elderly have a horrific time - often catapulted from a local business into being employed by a national company after a sell out. I was appalled by their treatment, as they tried lovingly to care for my parents.

On 21 Oct 2014 at 10:03pm Unions who needs `em wrote:
And who slayed them - a clue - a battle between a brillo wig and a big hair do . We sure as heck are reaping what we sowed .

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys Dray 41:132
Harveys Dray

It's sickening to see how time time, money and energy went into destroying the Phoenix Rising campaign. On this forum, some very... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like All the wide open spaces on the downs
Jojo