Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes Live a washout?

On 29 Jun 2016 at 10:12am Sad Camper wrote:
Field is boggy and hay crop not yet cut with only a week to go...more rain forecast...so is Lewes Live OFF or ON?
On 29 Jun 2016 at 11:44am No Surrender wrote:
ON.
On 29 Jun 2016 at 12:21pm Not What I've Heard wrote:
I've heard they're going to cancel it at the last moment thus maximising ticket sales. Then instigate the same gerrymandering regarding refunds that happened a couple of years ago
If you intend going then pay on the gate.
On 29 Jun 2016 at 12:41pm Truth wrote:
Not what I've heard - if your definition of gerrymandering means offering a refund to those who had bought tickets then yes that would happen as it did a few years ago when the site was underwater. However this year Lewes Live is on! No festival would cancel unless it was absolutely necessary, I dont think you have any concept of the amount of organisation that goes into putting on such an event. I'm looking forward to it, great bands, good beer and a fantastic atmosphere, whats not to like!
On 29 Jun 2016 at 1:47pm Ed Can Do wrote:
The BBC forecast for next week shows the rain stopping on Monday and it being pretty sunny for the rest of the week.
On 29 Jun 2016 at 1:52pm Not the truth wrote:
Ignore the truth and buy them on the day:
"ĽAll tickets are non-refundable in the event of cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control." (ie the weather)...
On 29 Jun 2016 at 1:59pm Sad Camper wrote:
Seriously folks, I've been down there recently and isurely it's not safe for heavy vehicles/cars, let alone the unpleasantness of camping is a water logged field...suggest the organizers try and find a more reliable site. It's fine in a dry hot summer....but 2016 is not such a year
On 29 Jun 2016 at 3:16pm Not What I've Heard wrote:
Indeed Truth refunds were available
I seem to remember you had to turn up in person at the JHT whithin a very tight time frame on a specific day.
This year I gather refunds can be claimed at The Gardeners between 2 and 4am on August the 32nd
On 29 Jun 2016 at 3:17pm Ed Can Do wrote:
If you know a way to source and hire a dry field (And for free, I'm pretty sure Cliffe own that field so don't pay a hire charge), get a new licence for the new venue including all the necessary meetings with environmental health, the police and so forth, complete all the necessary risk assessments, make sure the layout fits into the new venue, change all the signage, produce enough promo materials to promote the new venue, ensure you have enough fencing and so forth to enclose the new venue, reorganise all the bands, security, caterers, deliveries and volunteer workers and all at more or less a week's notice, I'm sure the organisers would love to hear from you...
On 29 Jun 2016 at 4:08pm Lady of the Estate wrote:
Not sure why Cliffe bought that field. They clearly have no idea of the area as for about 9 months of the year the field is either under water or waterlogged.Definitely no good as a fire site in November, and not much better as a summer venue, would made a nice nature reserve for waterfowl though
On 29 Jun 2016 at 4:08pm Sunshine wrote:
It's going ahead as far as I know, they don't have to refund tickets but when a few years ago they did it under good will I have no doubt they will do that again if they do have to cancel, as they want people coming back.
On line refunds were available last time.
Once cut the field will dry out very quickly and it will be a jolly weekend
On 29 Jun 2016 at 5:48pm Lady of the Estate wrote:
Cutting the grass has no effect on water levels. The water rises up from below.
On 29 Jun 2016 at 6:12pm landporter wrote:
Lady of the estate....Lewes live used to be called Rock in the Bog. They knew exactly what they were buying.
On 30 Jun 2016 at 1:11pm Swampy wrote:
And Glastonbury was really dry this year wasn't it!
On 30 Jun 2016 at 4:46pm Who wrote:
More to the point...
Who are the bands?
Bunch of nobodies.
Good waste of time and money
On 30 Jun 2016 at 5:12pm Live Lewesian wrote:
That's ok 'Who', don't go. You sound a bit of a tw@t, and most people don't like tw@ts so you won't be missed!
On 30 Jun 2016 at 6:40pm Official Lewes live team wrote:
Despite conversations on this thread Lewes Live is 100% garenteed going ahead as planned. Please do not listen to hear say. Any official statements are posted on the Lewes Live website: Lewes live.com
Thank you.
On 30 Jun 2016 at 9:26pm Holly wrote:
Who, you sad ,nasty git.

On 30 Jun 2016 at 11:09pm Jimmy Riddle wrote:
Who hope you like your piss flavour carrots and potatoes hahaha
On 1 Jul 2016 at 11:15am Horseman7 wrote:
I find with live music it doesn't matter if the bands are "a bunch of nobodies". They don't even need to be that good, just to perform really well. And once the hay has been cut, if it ever stops raining, the water "rising from below" should have a chance to evaporate. Regardless, it's a festival so expect mud. I hope the event goes well and everyone has a great time. I may be able to hear some of it from New Malling.

17 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2019 25:132
Cliffe Tableau 2019

Yes in some cities they have now tow trucks for the emergency purpose is roads are blocked but you still need tow service from... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine