Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes Libertarians

On 31 Aug 2011 at 6:34pm Hoodie Hugger wrote:
Was in the Tom Paine printshop the other day and was marginally disappointed to realise that it only sells prints. I bought two anyway.
However, it got me thinking: Lewes has a fine tradition of revolutionary thought and libertarianism - what better place to have a meeting of libertarian minds on a regular basis? At a pub, of course.
Anyone of a libertarian persuasion left in the town or roundabouts who'd be up for it?

On 31 Aug 2011 at 6:36pm Hoodie Hugger wrote:
By the way, this webpage gives a good explanation of what libertarianism is - just in case you're unsure (it's not the same as being a Liberal Democrat): w w w.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=5758

On 31 Aug 2011 at 6:58pm Peter Byron wrote:
Deffo as the young say (am learning Internet speak, much more useful than in my day when languages ruled) Will be home in Sussex next week and look forward to planning my Winter Diary Hoodie. Cheers, Pete

On 31 Aug 2011 at 8:44pm Yawn.... wrote:
Skeptics in the Pub already exists. Free minded individuals. Try it out.

On 31 Aug 2011 at 9:04pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
and the headstrong club.

On 31 Aug 2011 at 10:39pm Hayek`s Love Child wrote:
Good idea .Reminds me, I read Norm`s Viva thingy about banning Fox Hunting for which he has enthusiastically voted.
He claimed it was because he could not understand any pleasure in killing an animal .The principle then is "If I do not understand it then the powers of the state must be deployed to prevent it taking place".Now what could possibly go wrong with that .....

On 31 Aug 2011 at 11:07pm Yawn... wrote:
Biggest waste of expensive parliamentary time ever.

On 31 Aug 2011 at 11:07pm Mercian wrote:
But are you a real libertarian... or a royal one?

Check it out here »

On 31 Aug 2011 at 11:43pm Hoodie Hugger wrote:
Yes, I was looking at the Skeptics in the Pub website today. Will certainly be giving them a go, but it's not quite the same thesis.
I didn't realise the Headstrong Club still existed - will check them out also.
Cheers guys!

On 1 Sep 2011 at 11:41am Zebedee wrote:
The Conservative brand of libertarianism is purely an excuse to enable the rich to continue screwing the poor Donna.

On 1 Sep 2011 at 3:17pm Lewes Skeptic wrote:
sorry but Libertarianism is not for rational-minded people. See the entry of RationWiki below.

Check it out here »

On 1 Sep 2011 at 4:21pm bastian wrote:
HH,Tom paine was a tax collecter..he believed in taxation,it was his job and he could see that the poor suffered when tax was too high,or evaded by the rich.discuss!

On 1 Sep 2011 at 4:56pm mrmzholland wrote:
Hello
Sounds like an interesting idea!
By the way, the Headstrong Club has (finally!) got a website now - pretty basic but has details of upcoming events etc.
Link below...
Matt

Check it out here »

On 1 Sep 2011 at 9:35pm Yawn... wrote:
Which one Matt, and what interested you about it exactly? Care to expound and elaborate?

On 2 Sep 2011 at 6:21am Matt wrote:
Hi, Yawn.
Apologies, I meant the idea about a 'meeting of libertarian minds'.
All the best
Matt

On 2 Sep 2011 at 12:09pm Mr Forks wrote:
Libertarianism, isn't that for village idiots?!

On 2 Sep 2011 at 1:14pm bastian wrote:
very good mr forks

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Skate Park 104:132
Skate Park

If you've been drinking, I suggest you don't go near the river! more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If you lend someone £20 and don't see them again it was probably worth it.
Dan