Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes Hangman

On 31 Aug 2009 at 12:23am Herbert wrote:
Summer is over, Autumn knocking on the door, Winter not far away and Herbert is (almost) back for some new hangman rounds
The Game: Guess this Lewes chuckle. Two words.
Rules: 1 letter per post. I will check from time to time and fill (or not) in the suggested letters. You have 6 tries for this one.
IMPORTANT: If you try to guess a whole word and it is wrong I deduct two tries per incorrect word but credit three for each word guessed right. So, if you guess the first word right you get a three-try-credit but two tries are deducted if you don't guess the second word giving you a one-try net credit. Capiche?
Tries Left: 6, Deducted Credits: 0, Credits Earned: 0
_ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _

On 31 Aug 2009 at 8:45am zola wrote:
Welcome back Herbert.
I will have an E please.

On 31 Aug 2009 at 9:29am Old Ted wrote:
Capiche? It's an Italian word. It's spelt capisce.

On 31 Aug 2009 at 10:17am Herbert wrote:
Nice one Zola
Tries Left: 5, Deducted Credits: 0, Credits Earned: 0
_ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ E

On 31 Aug 2009 at 10:53am No Pot Pourri wrote:
Great post Old Ted, but to avoid embarrassment try Google before you criticise spelling. There seems to be several alternatives to 'capiche'.

On 31 Aug 2009 at 11:41am Mark wrote:
welcome back
I would like an L please.

On 31 Aug 2009 at 4:29pm Old Ted wrote:
Several alternative misspellings perhaps No Pot Pourri. As I said, it's an Italian word.

On 1 Sep 2009 at 12:19am Herbert wrote:
Here comes the L
Tries Left: 4, Deducted Credits: 0, Credits Earned: 0
_ _ _ _ _ / L _ _ E

On 1 Sep 2009 at 1:01am goldbar wrote:
Hi Herbert is the second word " LIFE "

On 1 Sep 2009 at 9:36am Jonnyboy wrote:
Is it Juggs Lane?

On 1 Sep 2009 at 3:24pm Herbert wrote:
Congratulations to be fair, easy warm-up really so don't get too smug Jonnyboy Nice to see you Goldbar. Apologies for the slow game -just came home this morning after a 800 mile non-stop drive. Feel a bit spaced. :| But all is back to normal from now

On 1 Sep 2009 at 3:38pm Herbert wrote:
1940s slang, from capisce. capisci? "do you understand?". Some say it's a French variation of the Italian word. My personal opinion is that its origin is in the US and widely used in (Hollywood) movies often in a 'Mafia' related context. The slang spelling is intentional. Otherwise I agree with you with my three years of Italian. B-)

On 1 Sep 2009 at 6:07pm One of the Proclaimers wrote:
I would walk 500 miles...

On 1 Sep 2009 at 6:08pm And the other one wrote:
And I would walk 500 more!

Welcome back Herbert

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

It Takes Balls to be a Phoenix 47:132
It Takes Balls to be a Phoenix

@ar10642 you seem to have your knickers in a bit of a twist. Upset because the country voted in a Conservative government (which... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell