Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes Forum petition

On 10 Jun 2012 at 3:02pm John wrote:
Has anyone seen or heard of a petition to close down this website? My friend who lives in Neville had someone knock on their house yesterday to ask her to sign it. She didn't as she had no clue what this site was!

On 10 Jun 2012 at 3:56pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Lol. Did they give a reason for wanting it closed?
On 10 Jun 2012 at 4:21pm Southover Queen wrote:
Hah! Really? How very exciting. We must be annoying someone quite considerably!
On 10 Jun 2012 at 4:37pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
They must be a bit of a loon. Most people, when annoyed by something on a website, just don't look at that site any more. Wanting it shut down is more than a bit extreme.
Perhaps it's Paul Newman!

On 10 Jun 2012 at 4:43pm KENDO CASTER wrote:
Did they knock on only one door, there must be more than one person from Nevill who post on this forum. Sounds like a big wind up to me.

On 10 Jun 2012 at 4:46pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
Sounds like a load of bucking follocks to me. Who were they planning to hand the petition to, I wonder? The Prime Minister? Norman Baker?

On 10 Jun 2012 at 4:56pm Sceptic wrote:
Ask your friend John, if the person who knocked on her door was about two foot high with big ears and a large floppy hat. Only I was thinking it could have been a Troll.

On 10 Jun 2012 at 4:59pm John wrote:
I was told that it was in protest about the way the forum side of the website was not controlled or moderated and that many people were being bullied and put down. As I said before my friend did not have a clue what it was about and she only spoke of it over a drink last night.
Anyway, i thought I would post this FYI but I can quickly see that I will not post again as in a few posts I have already been accused of lying. Good luck!

On 10 Jun 2012 at 5:14pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
For what it's worth John, I was not accusing you of lying, and I suspect most of the posters above were not accusing you of lying either. I think most people were expressing doubt that anyone could, or indeed would want to, get www.lewes.co.uk shut down.
On 10 Jun 2012 at 5:16pm skint wrote:
Oh let's rip another poster to shreds for contributing to this forum. No wonder this place just has a few clickey posters these days who are all up each others rectums

On 10 Jun 2012 at 5:56pm Dave wrote:
I thought the tone had been pretty good on this forum recently.
Odd that a thread about it should descend this quickly.

On 10 Jun 2012 at 7:01pm It's my party.......... wrote:
@john. and the prize for largest ammount of hurt from the least amount of ribbing goes too..........................
@Skint and the prize for one of the biggest overeactions goes too..........................
"rip another poster to shreds ".
how delicate do you have to be before it should be outlawed for you to post/read.

On 10 Jun 2012 at 7:53pm sceptic wrote:
John, dont be put off by a bit of gentle ribbing, I certainly have had my share of it. You will find the regulars on here are very genuine and a bit of ribbing livens up a very interesting forum. So welcome John and lets hear from you again.

On 10 Jun 2012 at 8:09pm Deelite wrote:
What lot of old baloney over nothing at all. Time to move on.

On 10 Jun 2012 at 9:53pm Rookie wrote:
i live on the Nevill and no-one has knocked on my door asking me to sign anything.

On 10 Jun 2012 at 11:11pm expat two wrote:
I must admit, my posts dropped a few levels of politeness when Paul Newton started his hate filled bully-boy invectives. I don't see there's much wrong in fighting fire with napalm though - the meek are never gonna inherit anything. I agree that the tone on the forum is much improved since he's gone, maybe that canvasser should take another look.

On 11 Jun 2012 at 7:39am Pete wrote:
Oi ! Can we get back to normal posting please....whatever that means....

On 11 Jun 2012 at 8:41am Deelite wrote:
Bit wet innit?

On 11 Jun 2012 at 8:11pm Harold wrote:
I have noticed that there is a crackdown on `cyber bullying`in the media of late, so this site may be closed if something is not done to `mod`it a little.
Btw Webbo, What is the cookie policy on the site now the law changed ?

On 11 Jun 2012 at 8:30pm Deelite wrote:
Snore......

On 11 Jun 2012 at 9:51pm IMEYOU wrote:
Chocolate cookies yum yum !
Basically if you dont like cookies, dont go on the site.

Check it out here »

On 12 Jun 2012 at 6:53pm bastian wrote:
we have only had two really nasty contributers, one was emerson and he got as good as he gave and paul newman could be outrageous..began to wonder if he posted after one to many glasses of fine wine.( has the local tory party gagged him?)

On 12 Jun 2012 at 7:49pm brixtonbelle wrote:
chav was always a bit provocative. and then there's a few who like to post under numerous names and generally get abusive very quickly. remember the insults flying over the drug dealer ?

On 12 Jun 2012 at 9:14pm Awesome Wells wrote:
Here's hoping some laws will be brought in to deal with condescending posters too.

On 12 Jun 2012 at 9:28pm Naul Pewman wrote:
Nobody loves me

On 13 Jun 2012 at 1:51pm bastian wrote:
Paul..who took the gag off...
perhaps there should be a ban on discussion..could be dangerous you know, people might share ideas.

On 13 Jun 2012 at 1:52pm bastian wrote:
seriously paul, you are not loathed

On 13 Jun 2012 at 11:38pm expat two wrote:
Take a look at The Argus' website, they make Lewes Forum look like a Tellytubbies picnic.

On 14 Jun 2012 at 12:55pm tinkywinky wrote:
eh-oh !

On 16 Jun 2012 at 3:17pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Don't involve Norman Baker. He will only use it as an excuse to get his name in another article in the Sussex Express. This is a free country, and I enjoy being able to express my opinions easily on a friendly level. I also use the Argus website; a bit more serious perhaps, but fight politics with other politics instead of stupid marching in the streets.

7 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street 50:132
Keere Street

Hello. I was also recently looking for the perfect place for a photo shoot. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa