Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Lewes Cinema - Councillors out of the picture

2
5
On 10 Feb 2012 at 6:08pm lemonysnickett wrote:
Who knows which Councillors have voted to take over the cinema? I will not be voting for them in future elections and would like to know exactly what their names are.
7
2
On 10 Feb 2012 at 8:53pm Shosanna wrote:
I heard it was about personalities and the bloke who runs Lewes Cinema is not the easiest person on the planet to get along with.
1
1
On 11 Feb 2012 at 12:48am Pretty Girl wrote:
What do you mean that LTC were not honest about their motives? That's a pretty serious accusation Shosanna.
11
2
On 11 Feb 2012 at 10:19am bonzodog wrote:
Do none of you read? It is not a case of closing the cinema or taking it over. Lewes Cinema rents by the hour, the Council owns All Saints and to reduce the costs it needs to maximise income. You can bet your life Lewes Cinema would have no qualms about giving the Council the minimum of notice if it were to get hold of a cinema some-where. At least the Council gave them six months. And lemonysnickett, stop showing yourself as an empty headed fool, the vote on All Saints, as has been noted before, was a recorded vote and details are readily available at the town hall. Why not go in there and get the facts instead of blathering on here. Or are you in some way connected with Lewes Cinema?? and need to keep the subject in the media!
5
1
On 11 Feb 2012 at 10:35am laurie wrote:
Lewes Cinema keeps mentioning the Mayor, John Stockdale. The Mayor has no more clout than any other councilorl, he, single handedly, cannot undo what the council has done. So what is the connection here guys? Members of the same Lodge?? Or what???
1
1
On 11 Feb 2012 at 11:17am Clifford wrote:
bonzodog - a good analysis.
2
3
On 11 Feb 2012 at 11:48am Kettle wrote:
Seems weird, senseless and spiteful to me. How does it intend to maximise income?
I'm not connected with the cinema.
2
2
On 11 Feb 2012 at 3:39pm Accounts wrote:
Bonzodog. Not such a good business analysis. The Council has a responsibility to the tax payer. The tenant's doesn't.
My question is that if this is about saving money, by terminating a rental agreement with a tenant (presumably without re-negotiating it in the Council's favour), then who is going to use the hall instead, and how much more are they going to pay, than the business that currently uses the space at those times?
3
1
On 11 Feb 2012 at 3:53pm Clifford wrote:
I get the feeling you're behind on what's happening Accounts.
6
1
On 11 Feb 2012 at 4:47pm laurie wrote:
I may be missing something here, and you lot will probs tell me if I am; but, I seem to remember "Lewes Cinema, Lewes based. The clue is in the name!" so why is the phone number for said Cinema printed in The Guardian listings as 01903 ...... when the local code is 01273 47....? The fact that it goes unanswered seems irrelevant!
1
 
On 11 Feb 2012 at 5:50pm lemonysnickett wrote:
Thank you bonzodog for the civilised way in which you express yourself. Very mucch appreciated. I will make my way to the Town Hall and if I meet you there I will give you a big kiss on your bald head - or give you some winalot.
 
 
On 11 Feb 2012 at 8:26pm Trevor wrote:
Why cant we just have a proper cinema in the town, we used to have two in the 1970's didn't we?
2
5
On 12 Feb 2012 at 2:51am Helper wrote:
"Laurie" because the council refused Marilu's request for a line at All Saints (at her cost) so she has one at her home - and when she is not at home she has it diverted to her mobile (again at her own cost) so she can answer it. Seems like she is doing more than enough - at her own cost and inconvenience. But I feel that we are spliiting hairs here and the pro film club/council camp are getting desperate.
1
1
On 12 Feb 2012 at 2:02pm laurie wrote:
Dear Helper, or should we say KO, but you say Lewes Based, so what is wrong with haiving a phone line with answer phone giving the programmwa at what you say is your Lewes office?
 
1
On 12 Feb 2012 at 2:05pm bonzodog wrote:
Lemonysnickett, have a mass of brown hair so winalot it is!


22 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes Town Clock 88:132
Lewes Town Clock

Why is public money being spent on it? Maybe because there are people prepared to campaign for a safe cycling route from Lewes... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare